SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The idea of trolley buses in Taiwan just popped into my mind. There are private bus lanes currently in Taipei for all major routes and I think it wouldn't be a problem installing the cables for trolley.

Here's an example of how it would look like:

This is the system in my city and it really is environmental friendly :)

·
中華民國
2,804 Posts
Yikes, I wouldn't want that in Taiwan. The cables will just create more mess and ruin the appearance of the cities :( Taiwanese cities have enough hanging cables already.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
The idea of trolley buses in Taiwan just popped into my mind. There are private bus lanes currently in Taipei for all major routes and I think it wouldn't be a problem installing the cables for trolley.

Here's an example of how it would look like:

This is the system in my city and it really is environmental friendly :)
I think it is one of good low cost choices for Taiwanese public transport system.

However, more important thing is that Taiwanese need to reduce number of vechile in urban area.

·
Banned
464 Posts
Yikes, I wouldn't want that in Taiwan. The cables will just create more mess and ruin the appearance of the cities :( Taiwanese cities have enough hanging cables already.
i totally agree!!! taiwan needs less exposed cables. why doesnt the city clean up all the messy cables? cables hanging loose on sides of buildings and lampposts. they should put all cables underground like in nyc.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yeah, but the bus stops we have now (in Taipei anyway) would never be able to fit more than one of those buses. It would block a lot of traffic.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
i totally agree!!! taiwan needs less exposed cables. why doesnt the city clean up all the messy cables? cables hanging loose on sides of buildings and lampposts. they should put all cables underground like in nyc.
I really want to know where is money come from?

·
中華民國
2,804 Posts
I really want to know where is money come from?
Hopefully from the billions of dollars the government spends every year buying used (sorry, "pre-owned") weapons from the U.S. government in a futile attempt to defend the island...

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^ that's beyond our control :)

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Europe is pretty good at connecting the cables at intersections:

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
^ I am sure that the routes in Taiwan wouldn't be that complicated.
It's not even like that in Vancouver!

·
心在臺灣
9,877 Posts
Trolleys are quiet and friendly for environment, I wouldn't mind seeing them on main roads in Taipei, Kaohsiung or Taichung.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
I think its a good idea for that.. but maybe the electric bus can get electricity from magnetic fields running underground instead of the cables on top

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
those are not trolleys, Light Rails are a form of trolleys. Those are just hybrid buses.
What you are referring to are also called "trams."

This discussion is about trolley buses. Hybrid buses are like hybrid cars, running independently on electricity, hydrogen, fuel cells, etc.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts