·
Registered
20,858 Posts

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
^^
Just read the Manila Times article. This statement says it all:

The indigenous peoples said if tourism is that badly needed, it should be nature-based or one that supports small businesses for the benefit of all sectors of the community.

·
SPEED
3,131 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
I hope there will be a drone show too for New Year's eve. And Philippines cities should have their own official celebration, whilst NCR would have one official place too.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
3k Euros (180k Pesos) for 15 days in the Philippines.
Jump to 32:00 :
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qq9Q6fGxXwA

This couple is not trying to gain subscribers, for obvious reason that their videos are directed towards Hispanic countries.

1) They said they will definitely come back because 15 days is not enough;
2) But unlike in Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, it is difficult in Philippines to walkin and get a hotel room. So they always end up in expensive hotels.
3) Travel is long and difficult. Example, from Cebu to Malapascua, it's 5 hours drive plus boat. The transport system is not reliable so give yourself extra 3 hours. They learned it the hard way during transit from Cebu to Malapascua. (Well, we Filipinos know that already. As I said, their videos are travel guide for Hispanic tourists planning to visit Philippines; not created to please and gain Filipino subscribers).

On the bright side, they said they will definitely come back.

·
BAND
9,590 Posts
Limpapa, Zamboanga City

·
Manila, PH
6,153 Posts
3k Euros (180k Pesos) for 15 days in the Philippines.
Jump to 32:00 :
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B_u_5_nbERs

Philippines is more expensive and more difficult to navigate than Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia. Luckily, we have these exotic animals.
How come Philippines is more expensive than Malaysia?! :?
Jump to 7:50 of their video.
They were saying they can get better quality lodging ("alojamiento") at even cheaper price in other ASEAN countries (Tailandia, Malasia, Indonesia).
Unfortunately, Malaysia and Thailand are cheaper than Phil in terms of accommodations. (That's from my experience by the way, from business trips - myself and my teammates). We were surprised that we can get a suite in Thailand for less than USD80. In KL, we can get <70 for a 3-4 star hotel around mid-valley area. But even as a tourist. The price you pay in Panglao or Boracay is way more expensive than what you pay for example in Bali or Phuket, esp Bali. I found out recently that that's also the case in Da Nang and Penang.

In Alabang, rates for nice hotels are around USD100 or more (Somerset, Crimson).

Maybe demand had overtaken supply?

Some new condos are being marketed these days as cheap hotel-like alternatives. I think that eases out the strain to the market somehow. You can get <USD50 for 2 within the CBD area, when booked ahead of time.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Unfortunately, Malaysia and Thailand are cheaper than Phil in terms of accommodations. (That's from my experience by the way, from business trips - myself and my teammates). We were surprised that we can get a suite in Thailand for less than USD80. In KL, we can get <70 for a 3-4 star hotel around mid-valley area. But even as a tourist. The price you pay in Panglao or Boracay is way more expensive than what you pay for example in Bali or Phuket, esp Bali. I found out recently that that's also the case in Da Nang and Penang.

In Alabang, rates for nice hotels are around USD100 or more (Somerset, Crimson).

Maybe demand had overtaken supply?

Some new condos are being marketed these days as cheap hotel-like alternatives. I think that eases out the strain to the market somehow. You can get <USD50 for 2 within the CBD area, when booked ahead of time.

I can second this. I’ve been to Bali and Phuket. Bali was surprisingly cheap. Even if you’re a couple, you can get a full villa for a family with 2 rooms and a pool and it’d still be cheaper than the hotels in Boracay and Panglao. I’m still not sure how they do it and still earn. Supply has to do with it, definitely. You can search through hundreds of villas in Bali. There are so many!

I’m kinda okay with this for the Philippines though. At least we get more dollars per tourist. Quality of tourists as well is higher for PH. Bali is targeted mainly to Aussie kids partying. Older tourists spend more and cause less trouble.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
I hope we built more Backpackers hotels to attract younger tourists. When I observe the demographics of our Western tourists, majority is above 30s, those in the height of their careers (but Koreans are much younger, even teenagers).

In this video below, at 15:40 we have 6 young single ladies vacationing in Palawan. These are the Instagram generation that can effectively promote PH to their social media friends :

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Sb9MsjGb8ZE

PS: Only 4 talked to the camera, but they said they were 6.

·
fug :DDD
797 Posts
I can second this. I’ve been to Bali and Phuket. Bali was surprisingly cheap. Even if you’re a couple, you can get a full villa for a family with 2 rooms and a pool and it’d still be cheaper than the hotels in Boracay and Panglao. I’m still not sure how they do it and still earn. Supply has to do with it, definitely. You can search through hundreds of villas in Bali. There are so many!

I’m kinda okay with this for the Philippines though. At least we get more dollars per tourist. Quality of tourists as well is higher for PH. Bali is targeted mainly to Aussie kids partying. Older tourists spend more and cause less trouble.
Expensive accommodations aren’t really good for tourism. I’ve heard many stories of people opting for other Asian countries because their accommodations are substantially cheaper despite being of better quality :eek:hno:
I have no idea why this is the case, that accommodations are more expensive and yet inferior in quality than even more advanced economies with higher incomes.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I hope we built more Backpackers hotels to attract younger tourists. When I observe the demographics of our Western tourists, majority is above 30s, those in the height of their careers (but Koreans are much younger, even teenagers).

In this video below, at 15:40 we have 6 young single ladies vacationing in Palawan. These are the Instagram generation that can effectively promote PH to their social media friends :

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Sb9MsjGb8ZE

PS: Only 4 talked to the camera, but they said they were 6.
I watched some parts and then saw several video suggestions featuring "Filipinas" in Spanish. It is refreshing for foreigners to feature "everyday" Philippine life - ordinary province life, city life, night life, religious culture, regular neighborhood life. Also tourist spots and the endless white sand beaches and crystal clear waters. The woman was asked about "frio" (maybe meaning, does it get cold) and if i understood it correctly, she answers, it is between 32C to 35C year round so it is "spektakular."

Salamat naman at hindi patayan, poverty and political propaganda ang na feature.

961 - 980 of 1005 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.