SkyscraperCity banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37455 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
as much as I'd love to, I've never been to all too many places in the Philipines. it's my parents who get to make all the decisions, so... as far as I can remember, I've been to a few places in Subic/Clark, Cavite, and Cebu. Never been to Boracay or Baguio. but if ever I get the chance, my first pick would be Amanpulo in Palawan... Manila itself is quite fun, but it can get a bit hectic after a while...

·
黄孟義
265 Posts
My favorite destination in the Philippines? There are two. Boracay and Tagaytay. I especially love the beaches in Boracay, and the foods in the Talipapa are just sumptuous. The nightlife is also pretty cool there. In Tagaytay, I love it there because it lets you forget your problems. The cold weather, the food, everything. It's a great weekend destination, I must say. :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
I feel very lucky to have parents who come from spectacular places. I consider their birthplaces two of my favorite scenic sites in our country. My father is from Vigan and my mother is from Cebu City. Other places that place well in my list are Baguio, Tagaytay, Bohol and Palawan.

Btw, I enjoyed looking at the pictures ^^^ above. Makes me feel like coming back soon.

If only we can maximize our resources and earn cash and honor out of it (tourist destinations)...

·
Registered
13 Posts
those pics are so Beautiful,if you were to just show them to someone,(who wasnt aware of the Phils. delights etc. etc.)someone say from....a middle class suburb in London for example,they would think it was Thailand or Indonesia,(i've had "similar" experiences...) Not the Philippines,which reminds me that the country is still a bit of a secret,(which is kind of fun)

anyway,Ive been to Baguio but was only there for about 2 hours *cry*,Cebu and Boracay(yeah,loads of people say i,but its hard not to love,And the Visayas as a whole i love),went to Davao 5 years back it felt "different",in the way that i can barely explain.

·
Registered
321 Posts
wow , The islands here in The Philippines are truly hidden gems. Is it more expensive to go there for holidays compared to Bali or Phuket.?

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Odonto said:
wow , The islands here in The Philippines are truly hidden gems. Is it more expensive to go there for holidays compared to Bali or Phuket.?
yeah.... I believe so. or at least over phuket. which is why so many people, even local filipinos, go to thailand or indonesia or whatever instead. but absolutely nothing can beat a summer vacation at boracay or el nido or a trip to the rice terraces or baguio. just stunning. haven't been to any of those, but I for sure will before I die... haha...!

M

·
0 Posts
damn... those water/beaches are sooo clear and awesome!! philippines is a true hidden paradise!

·
Here Since 2002
7,257 Posts
one thing good about those beaches is that not a lot of people go there. actually i'd like some of the destinations to stay that way.

i have to visit the Banaue Rice Terraces someday.

1 - 20 of 37455 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.