SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Cities / towns explored: Geneva, Lusane

Currency: Swiss Franc (CHF), 1 franc = 95 Australian cents

What´s it famous for - Roger Federer, Swiss Alps, Non-Disclosure banks, Geneva convention, stunning watches, incredible chocolates, constantly rated no.1 along with Zurich (also Swiss) for ´highest quality of life´ city survey.

Main Languages: French/German combined with Swiss, decent English

Main Attractions: Lake Geneva, Geneva City, Swiss products (watches, cheeses, chocolate), hottest chicks in the world with an etiqutte of fashion to match, excellent cafes.

Main Detractions: Prices & tax (mainly in Geneva), lack of properly organised tourism, the Swiss don´t really give a shit if you´re a tourist.

-----------------------------------

The airport!

Scenery of the alps

Then I walked around Geneva! Classic swiss apartments.

Hardly any traffic in Geneva, transport is exceptional and fuel taxes are mighty high! ($3au for a litre)

Local church

Tram lines

Prices are so high that people take to the market places, but still the prices are outrageous, for tourists anyway!

A lot of Swiss bike ride and skate around the city, this is the shopping district! Only trams and taxis are allowed on these lines, with skaters/bkikies in the center line.

Check out some skating!

Anyway that is some of the life of the city! The city is situated on a magical lake that has been very well taken care of, this is a sight to behold if you are there in Geneva!

This majestic fountain powers all day and is the tallest sight in the city.

Ducks!

This platform will take you to the other side of the city.

People normally play chess & skate in swiss parks, there was a big chess statute but my camera died!

This is an absoloute work of genius, and yes! It actually displays proper time!

4 men that founded Geneva or something.

The swiss are famous for these! Some of them start at only $10,000 au!

Some nightshots!

After that we headed off to the town of Luanne.. the countryside was very nice and the prices got a lot lower.

Not bad for $50au, considering how massive each serving was D:!

--------------------------------------

Conclusion: I was mixed about Switzerland, Geneva was fantastic but they didn´t really have a tourism industry. They had tour coaches which cost like $60au each (**** that) with someone who barely speaks English. The people were generally unfriendly too, we were hungry at 6pm and most restaurants woudln´t bother cooking coz their kitchen apparantely closes at 6.30.

Lusanne was a nice place though, the restaurant guys were friendlier and you get much more value for your money, i´d visit Zurich next time but I wouldn´t stay in Switzerland for long (like 1 night max) coz the prices are just fucked. We even had a 7% city tax on our hotel bill which we got very upset about.

Oh and make sure you try a Swiss hot chocolate! Most cafes will serve them.

Overall:

City: 10/10
Hospitality: 3/10 (Rude!)
Food: 10/10
Costs: 0/10 (Even if you could afford to blow out your money, you simply won´t get worth)
Activities: 2/10 (Lack of things to do, a disco, cruise and few restaurants around but thats all)

= 25/50

·
Premium Member
9,529 Posts
I like the Swiss Army folding knives display next to the busker.

You see quite a few of those roofed motorcycles in Europe.

Agree about the girls, I had a Swiss desendent girlfriend in London.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol yeah, they are amazing

·
1+1=1
860 Posts
yeah transport prices are the most insane...
I loved it though not the cities but the nature the best thing to do is just catch a train around the south west in a large circle if the weather is nice
prices are crazy for tourists... but there are some very beatiful places I have some really amazing photos out of this world... one word

head for the mountains!!!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Definitely head to the mountains. Around Interlaken is amazing. I spent last Christmas in Grindelwald, a ski town about a half hour train trip from Interlaken. It was by far my favourite experience in Europe. Absolutely stunning scenery and some extreme snowboarding!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Lusanne was a nice place though, the restaurant guys were friendlier and you get much more value for your money, i´d visit Zurich next time but I wouldn´t stay in Switzerland for long (like 1 night max) coz the prices are just fucked. We even had a 7% city tax on our hotel bill which we got very upset about.

Oh and make sure you try a Swiss hot chocolate! Most cafes will serve them.

Overall:

City: 10/10
Hospitality: 3/10 (Rude!)
Food: 10/10
Costs: 0/10 (Even if you could afford to blow out your money, you simply won´t get worth)
Activities: 2/10 (Lack of things to do, a disco, cruise and few restaurants around but thats all)

= 25/50
Hello!

You're all right about the difference between Lausanne (and not "Lusanne":)) and Geneva! Lausanne is assuredly low coster and most friendly than Geneva! And get more tourist activities in the region of Lausanne! Here is the Lausanne Tourisme web site, for watch activities in the region. http://www.lausanne-tourisme.ch/UploadedAsp/26958/2/F/HPLT.asp?Version=2&Language=E

And the skyscrapercity link: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1612

See you!

·
Yes. No. Potato?
3,023 Posts
Why did you resurrect a four and a bit year old thread.

Zombie threads suck, especially when the pictures no longer work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts