Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can somebody point out some main tips I should know before traveling to Dubai? I know I need a crapload of money, but just some important things I should be aware of. Steps I need to take such as - what type of documentation do I need besides a passport? I know traveling to the Middle East as an American probably isn't the easiest thing to do right now, but someday I would love to visit Dubai. Thanks for your input.

·
Global Citizen
4,322 Posts
you need a visa
No. A passport is good enough for US citizens and citizens of any western country for stays of up to 30 days. Just make sure you don't have any Israeli stamps in your passports, otherwise the entry will be denied to you.

·
make it so...
6,755 Posts
ust make sure you don't have any Israeli stamps in your passports, otherwise the entry will be denied to you.
you're kidding? why? they hate israel that much that even people who merely visit aren't allowed entry? :eek:hno:

btw, i looked it up, you have to apply for some kind of visa (cheap...30USD)

·
Global Citizen
4,322 Posts
you're kidding? why? they hate israel that much that even people who merely visit aren't allowed entry? :eek:hno:
No, I'm not kidding. It's the same with every other muslim country except for Turkey, Egypt, Morocco and Jordan. They won't even let you into Malaysia and Indonesia with an Israeli stamp in your passport.

btw, i looked it up, you have to apply for some kind of visa (cheap...30USD)
http://travel.state.gov/travel/tips/brochures/brochures_1229.html#u

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES - *Passport required. Visa and fee NOT required for stay of up to 30 days.

·
make it so...
6,755 Posts
No, I'm not kidding. It's the same with every other muslim country except for Turkey, Egypt, Morocco and Jordan. They won't even let you into Malaysia and Indonesia with an Israeli stamp in your passport.
disgusting. so there's gotta be a way around that ruke. for example, if an american wants to go to cuba, the immigration official in cuba won't stamp the passport so the US authorities won't find out. i wonder if israeli officials would do the same for someone who travels to both israel and the ME.

http://travel.state.gov/travel/tips/brochures/brochures_1229.html#u

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES - *Passport required. Visa and fee NOT required for stay of up to 30 days.
ok. i looked at the extended time period. if a round-trip flight to dubai (soon to be direct from IAH) wasn't $1500, i would be tempted to go myself.

·
Global Citizen
4,322 Posts
disgusting. so there's gotta be a way around that ruke. for example, if an american wants to go to cuba, the immigration official in cuba won't stamp the passport so the US authorities won't find out. i wonder if israeli officials would do the same for someone who travels to both israel and the ME.
As far as I know they do. I don't know how it is in the US, but here it is possible to get two passports and I know quite a few people who have two. One of them they use exclusively for traveling to the USA and Israel and the other for all other countries.

·
Nonhyphenated-American
3,371 Posts
As far as I know they do. I don't know how it is in the US, but here it is possible to get two passports and I know quite a few people who have two. One of them they use exclusively for traveling to the USA and Israel and the other for all other countries.
I would think that the Israelis would use the passport equivalent of 'Post-It' notes for their stamps.

No idea if that is true, but it would make sense to me.

Mike

·
3,839 Posts
lol well they invaded, occupied, plus all the genocides and crimes against humanity committed in the wars agianst lebanon and arabs.....

still occupies parts of gaza and west bank, and golan heights of syria, shebaa farms of lebanon and other stuff

·
Registered
239 Posts
well, this thread can get ugly pretty fast if we start talking about why arabs hate israel - LETS NOT GO THERE.

just stick to the man's question.

I have a US passport, and its true you dont need a Visa for 30 days. But, I mean its so cheap - it doesnt really make that much of a difference. The Gulf countries are not volatile or anything, so its pretty safe to go there. Everyone speaks english, and getting around is easy with fairly cheap taxis.

·
Registered
32,113 Posts
Yes it is the same, on request the Israeli authorities will not put a stamp in the passport.

However before jumping in the BS wagon, you should learn that having a visa/stamp from an Arab country in passport is not welcomed in Israel either (you might not be denied entry but you'll be treated "specially")

·
Registered
32,113 Posts
BTW a couple of days ago I was having lunch in an American Restaurant (Coco's), in one of the towers in Shaikh Zayed Road, and during my stay I counted some 10 Americans dinning.

·
Patriotic Emirati
6,297 Posts
Can someone give me a brief history why all these countries hate israel?
Jews were less than 20% of Palestine's population back then, they committed many genocides against the Palestinian, kicked most of them (there are 11 million Palestinian refugees now), asked the Jews from all over the world to come and declared independence calling it Israel - a Jewish state.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts