SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Traveling to ENGLAND

1417 Views 6 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Audiomuse
Hi,

I'm planning to spend a 3-day week-end in an English city I haven't visited yet, my 3 options being Bristol, Liverpool & Newcastle.

I'm looking for the place amongst those 3 that would offer the most interesting visits during the day and the best nightlife.

What would you guys recommend?

Ta!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
All three cities are worthy destinations.

True, Newcastle is a huge drinking city and if you've never been you would probably really enjoy the masses of places to go for a drink and a meal at night- infact I garuntee you will enjoy it!

During the day, the city centre is compact therefore really built up and bustling with lots of intersting places, Shopping/Museums/Art Galleries etc... -It depends what your interests are really.

The Quayside down by the river is great nowadays with bridges as far as the eye can see - a magnificent setting.

Newcastle is also minutes from stunning countryside, you could use it as a base to see things like Hadrians Wall (World Heritage sight running from Newcastle to the west coast of England) or one of the many magnificent castles and country towns plus the breathtaking coastline in Northumberland.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.