Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the farthest you've traveled from your home city solely to take photos? Where did you go and was it worth it? Did you have a traveling companion (ie, spouse, child) and did they have a good time? Show us some of your photos from your trip, if you want.

·
oemoemenemoe
1,496 Posts
Hahah, the photo forums aren't the most active of 'em all ;) I usually travel just within my city, so in a radius of about 5km, but sometimes I stay out for hours on end, climbing fences and trespassing, just to get that shot that I want :D I also have a few shots in my mind that I haven't had the time to take or aren't the right moment to take them, some of them in my own town, some in other cities, about 20-40 km away. Thinking about them makes me happy already, although when I think about it too much, the results are sometimes disappointing, so I shouldn't think about it too often ;)

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
th0m said:
Hahah, the photo forums aren't the most active of 'em all ;) I usually travel just within my city, so in a radius of about 5km, but sometimes I stay out for hours on end, climbing fences and trespassing, just to get that shot that I want :D I also have a few shots in my mind that I haven't had the time to take or aren't the right moment to take them, some of them in my own town, some in other cities, about 20-40 km away. Thinking about them makes me happy already, although when I think about it too much, the results are sometimes disappointing, so I shouldn't think about it too often ;)
It's amazing how much trespassing you have to do to get a photo you really want. Or so I've heard.

·
Registered
201 Posts
The only time I travled just to take photos was last saturday. My dad took me downtown minneapolis (which is like 20 miles away) on the light rail/bus

.P.S. If you would like to see these photos I will create a thread with all the photos. ( including minneahaha falls)

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
flatiron94 said:
The only time I travled just to take photos was last saturday. My dad took me downtown minneapolis (which is like 20 miles away) on the light rail/bus

.P.S. If you would like to see these photos I will create a thread with all the photos. ( including minneahaha falls)

Sounds great!! I'm a big fan of the twin cities. My brother did the seven year undergraduate degree at the U of M and I used to drive up from the University of Wisconsin in Madison to visit him all the time. This was back in the late '80s though.

·
129,256 Posts

·
129,256 Posts
That's actually a maglev train model! There is a Transrapid exhibition inside that talks about a potential maglev link to the city centre from Munich airport!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts