SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello chennaites ,
Iam travelling to chennai in November to join a course at the National Institute of Technical Teacher Training and Research .iam so excited about it and i need your help because i dont know a lot about the institute and its hostel .. so,it would be appreciated if you post some photos of the institute and give more infirmation about it and about beautiful chennai.
Thank u in advance

·
Registered
694 Posts
Hello - welcome. I don't know much about the institute, except that it is located bang opposite the railway station (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thiruvanmiyur_railway_station) and has good bus connectivity to all parts of the city. But would be glad to help answer any questions you may have about the city, etc. Other forumers here are very knowledgeable, so you have come to the right place.

If you don't mind, can you tell us where you are from? It will help to give contextual suggestions, especially if you are from outside the state and don't know the language, etc. Also, do you plan to rely on public transport, or have a vehicle to move around?

But one thing I will tell you off the bat - when in the city, you will not lack food options, entertainment, and most importantly, transportation. Buses are crowded, but they will get you to any part of the city, and there is a large train network as well. However, you would need to be somewhat familiar with the big landmarks so getting around becomes easy - I would start with Thiruvanmiyur, the place close to your hostel, and see how to get to these areas: Chennai Central station, Egmore station, Koyambedu bus terminus, Mount Road - Spencer's - Express Ave mall, T. Nagar, the beach(es). Thiruvanmiyur and neighbouring Adyar are quite sufficient for most daily needs - groceries, clothes, markets, etc. Rarely you would need to venture out of here for any purchasing.

I know this sounds obvious, but whenever I plan to travel to a new city, I start with Wiki and spend a few minutes reading about the place (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chennai). I have found it helpful to know a few things when I land there the first time.

Hope this helps - let us know if you have any specific questions you want to start off with.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts