SkyscraperCity banner

41 - 60 of 917 Posts

·
and we flew away
9,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
^^ I'm not sure. I ate many dishes and I don't remember some names (it was ordered by Japanese friends). For sure I didn't eat yakiniku and ate okonomiyaki. And of course ramen, the most safe choice ;-)

·
Super Moderator
8,242 Posts
^^ I'm not sure. I ate many dishes and I don't remember some names (it was ordered by Japanese friends). For sure I didn't eat yakiniku and ate okonomiyaki. And of course ramen, the most safe choice ;-)
Did you like it? :) Another stereotype you broke! "All japanese eat sushi everyday" :p

·
and we flew away
9,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Did you like it? :) Another stereotype you broke! "All japanese eat sushi everyday" :p
Hah, you're right - here Japanese food = sushi + sake ;-).
Yes I did! I knew before some japanese dishes or better - components od dishes - like udon and shitake and I wanted to eat everything else than sushi. In fact I didn't like sushi so much before, but I ate it once in Japan and it was good (and it didn't look like that, it was just in a bowl).
Okonomiyaki is awesome, I dream about it!
And I love ramen. In fact it's very symilar to polish soup called rosół [rosoou], but there is a difference in nuddle (you have long as spaghetti) and way of eating it. I love this japanese way - eating nuddle by chopstick, making noise by mouth imbibing it :D. This way of eating makes it tastes better! So bad it's rude to eat that way in Europe :(.

61. Asakusa metro station, Ginza line cars. Subway is the most comfortable way of moving in Tokyo. We have twa concurent corporations - Tokyo Metro with its 9 lines and Toei (4 lines). Regular ticket prices depend on fares - the cheapest ticket is about 140-160Y (depends on corporation).
For foreigner the best and cheapest ticket is one or 2 day metro pass, which lets you ride without limits on Tokyo Metro 9 lines (it's possible to avoid Toei lines, I used it just once), for 600 and 980Y. Foreigners can buy these tickets only on Narita airport. It's good to check other options of 1-day passes.

62. You don't have to be worried about information system in Tokyo subway. Generally Japanese people don't speak English, but you will find information in this language at every subway or rail station. You won't lose yourself.

63. Nakamise Dori, Sensoji in background

·
and we flew away
9,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #45 (Edited)

68. Interior and Eri, my cute japanese guide :D

69. Sky Tree was visible in many places in Asakusa. Tokyo is huge - it was first time for Eri to see Sky Tree by her own eyes (it's what she said)!

·
and we flew away
9,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
70. Pagoda.

71. We're going to the East. This atypical building is a brewery. Japanese beer is really perfectly good!

72. Sky Tree, main structure is almost finished.

Next one will be Ueno Zoo and night walk in Monzen-Nakacho.

·
and we flew away
9,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #48 (Edited)
74. We went to Ueno. Panda bears in ZOO. Yeah, I know, bad quality - I wanna show how many ppl come there only to see Pandas. They pay 600Y, see Panda bears and go out ;-)

75. Eri seems to "like" the crowd too ;-). A curio - if I remember Japanese Government pays China about 2mln$ every year for borrowing Pandas.

76. This is from Thailand i think, just exhibit.

·
and we flew away
9,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
77. My team that day, Eri (Japanese), In-hye (Korean) and Chris (Australian)

I'll introduce you to CouchSurfing. I recommend traveling with that site. I didn't care about money (it was cheaper of course), but it's so good way to make friends. You can find someone who will give you a couch (you can sleep there) or just for guiding, having dinner or smth. I wanted to meet real Japanese ppl, so it was perfect thing for me.
Sometimes it's so suprising. I was appointed with Eri. A month before she said about Chris (he asked her for guiding), a day before... she told, that there will be a little Korean, 17 year old (alone in Tokyo, wow, brave) In-hye. In-hye was so cool, so we spent together 2 other days - in Roppongi Hills next day and in Kyoto some days later. By the way... I met Eri once again too, far from Tokyo. CS is cool thing!

78. Some views from ZOO...

·
and we flew away
9,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #52 (Edited)
Oh, one answer more. I ate japanese sweets called "Dango" too. Mayuko, who introduced it to me, was worried if I would like it... but it was realy tasty. :)

81. Waiting for host in Monzen Nakacho.

I suggest turning on this climatic sound, btw it's amazing movie (although it's not Tokyo night).

·
and we flew away
9,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
84. I wanna such view from my window!... in backround Eitai bridge built 1926

That time we visited place, where I couldn't take pictures - public bath. Wow, awesome! That is why I reccomend CS, I wouldn't go there alone, without japanese friend. Public bath is like a little hot springs in the middle of the city. There are 2 separated parts - for men and women - 'cause you go there totally naked. The same like with capsule hotels, you can't go there if you have any tattoo.
Japanese there looked at me as at a weird man. What european man did there?

86. Walking in district, I was so interested in city infrastructure. It looks dangerous, but Tokyo and generally Japan is extremaly safe.

·
and we flew away
9,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #54

·
and we flew away
9,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Whatsup with those bottles.
You ask me? I ask you! :lol:

91. Japanese 3 musketeers :)

92. On the way to Roppongi, I wanted to show In-hye Hibiya park. They took photos to a magazine.

·
and we flew away
9,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #58 (Edited)
94. Sculpture ahead to Mori Tower.

95. It's not visible here, but there were sprinklers making fresh air in that openwork roof

96. Mori Tower. Ticket 1000-1500Y (depends on your community status)

·
and we flew away
9,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
97. First look from the observatory.

98. Visibility could be better, Sky Tree in the distance

so tomorrow I'll show about 15 pics from the top. Maybe too many, but I can't decide which one shall I chose ;-)

41 - 60 of 917 Posts