SkyscraperCity banner

61 - 80 of 917 Posts

·
and we flew away
9,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #65

115. And the last view to Shinjuku and we went down to go to Ginza.

btw. There is also Museum of Contemporary Art in Mori Tower (in observatory ticket price), but it's not allowed to make pics there. Anyway, I didn't get that art ;-)

So next will be Ginza and Hamarikju Garden

·
and we flew away
9,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
^^ yeah, it's stunning. I must say Mori Tower is absolutely worth of fee, although there are other free observatories. I could stay there for hours.

·
and we flew away
9,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
116. Ginza, luxury district of Tokio, full of beautiful buildings and expensive shops. We started on Ginza subway station (yellow Ginza line)to go near Shimbashi to Hamarikyu garden.

·
and we flew away
9,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #71 (Edited)

124. Japanese policemen are like guideposts, feel free to ask for a way or even where is a shop or restaurant. He was asked by these women, but I was late to catch it.

Almost every shop is wide open, that's why walking on Ginza streets is so nice in summer - the cold coming from shops was what I needed that time!

·
and we flew away
9,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #72 (Edited)
126. Coming to Shiodome, some common pics. One of sideway streets, I loved this multidimensionality of Tokyo, buildings in sequent plans. And Shinkansen. It's one of my favourite frames.

·
and we flew away
9,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
132. Nakagin Capsule Tower [Kisho Kurokawa]

135. Bridge upon garden moat.

137. Moat, residental buildings by Sumida river in distance.

So next will be Hamarikyu garden.

·
and we flew away
9,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
^^ NihonKitty, the one who read this thread carefully ;-). Sorry, I overlooked that, now it's translated :). I was writing that so late so I made some mistakes.

·
and we flew away
9,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
138. Hamarikyu garden. Entry fee 300Y, we've got electronic guide for free, but I didn't use that stuff - sorry, it's not so interesting, which tree is 300 old, and which one was planted by Tokugawa shogun.

·
and we flew away
9,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
147. Hamarikyu adhere to harbor canals near Sumida river. It was first place in Tokyo, where I could really rest thanks to wind from the bay.

61 - 80 of 917 Posts