Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres a bit of a tour through waterfront park in Downtown Kelowna B.C, it was graduation day for Kelowna Secondary School so i got some pictures from land and from the boat through the lagoon. Enjoy!

and finally a beautiful picture of myself and my girl.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
I gotta say I didn't like Kelowna when I was there recently, but those are great photos nonetheless. Congrats on graduating!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks nice and relaxing... Are those rivers man made?
yup they are all man-made lagoons that flow through out the park, theres a island concert stage, large grassy knolls, waterfalls, walkways, and front steps to some of the condo/townhouses are literally 5 steps from the water.

Here is an older picture (about 3-4 years before Discovery Tower and Royal residence) to give you an idea of what the area looked like from above.

Algoquin - I gradded 4 years ago, it was my sisters, but thanks anyways! And what was so bad about Kelowna!?

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Algoquin - I gradded 4 years ago, it was my sisters, but thanks anyways! And what was so bad about Kelowna!?
I won't get into it too much... I'll just say I expected more. The city is very suburban in nature, and downtown didn't offer a whole lot. I guess I was underwhelmed. I will say however that the surrounding area is incredibly beautiful. I found the landscape to be refreshingly different. Did a tour of Mission Hill which was pretty cool.

I also had my wallet, passport, and my laptop stolen from my car while I was up at that park on the hill (can't remember it's name). That didn't lessen my opinion of the place, but it didn't help either!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I won't get into it too much... I'll just say I expected more. The city is very suburban in nature, and downtown didn't offer a whole lot. I guess I was underwhelmed. I will say however that the surrounding area is incredibly beautiful. I found the landscape to be refreshingly different. Did a tour of Mission Hill which was pretty cool.
You noticed we even have a Downtown!? :lol: Kelowna is missing a true downtown, for a city it's size, its dt crap.

·
39,265 Posts
Never been to Kelowna, but surely it has at least 1 or 2 typical downtown strips? Even tiny little towns of 3,000 people have old town centres that are pedestrian friendly and filled with butchers, fishmongers, bakers, fruit stands, cafes, boutiques, pubs, family owned restaurants?

147,000 in CMA of Kelowna right?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts