SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Next week I will be in Berlin, the capital of Germany. Are there some "must see's" in and around this city? And where to party, nice museums etc....

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
-Unter den Linden
-Berliner TV Turm
-Potzdammer Platz
-Brandenburger Tor
-Reichstag
-Berlin Wall
-.... Dont know more...
Maybe the Funk Turm???

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
This is cool too. In the reception of the Radisson Hotel, near Sea Life. An aquarium as high as the lobby! And a lift is going thru it. It's called AquaDom, look for google on it.

·
Lord of Legoland
10,895 Posts
I would certainly go with the Reichstag, especially if you have seen some pictures and read about it before visiting - it's certainly one of the most historic places in modern history, and the view form the glass dome is great!

Another must is passing under Brandenburger Tor and maybe going for a stroll in Tiergarden..

And ofcause the the new Potzdammer Platz

And don't forget to eat some apple strudel and drink some weissbier - but not at the same time ofcause ;)

·
5,701 Posts
I'm afraid he'll have a hard time searching for Apfelstrudl (or Apfelstrudel) in Berlin. He better come to Vienna if this is his aim.
I agree about the beer, though... :)

Schöneberg is a particularly lively quarter you might want to visit if you are into that kind of stuff. The view from the TV tower is also not to be missed. If you are a commieblock lover, you'll be treated to some of the most impressive ones I've ever stumbled across.

·
....okay?!?!?
1,990 Posts
ill-b said:
Next week I will be in Berlin, the capital of Germany. Are there some "must see's" in and around this city? And where to party, nice museums etc....
Hey I'll be in Berlin too! From sunday till friday. Have fun! :cheers:

·
Resurrected
24,352 Posts
I know Berlin only from before the reunion - and it was a very cool and extremly interesting city (I was in both parts). Potsdammer Platz was only wasteland by then... but for sure a must-see nowadays: something to love or hate ;)

Don't know if it's true but I heard Berlin is not anymore that cool place it used to be 20 years ago and much less interesting. But I can't judge it.

- Tiergarten
- Unter den Linden/Brandenburger Tor/Reichstag
- Museumsinsel
- Botanischer Garten
- Philharmonie
- Gropiushaus
- Gendarmenmarkt
- If there is still something left of the Wall
- Alexanderplatz
- Kreuzberg
- Gedächtniskirche/Ku'damm
- Holocaust Monument

·
1,540 Posts
here are some things that the others haven't said yet!

-the Jewish museum is very good
-the Pergamon museum ( one of the best in the world)
-the East Side Gallery (1.3km long section of the Berlin Wall with paintings by artists from all over the world)
-the New Synagogue and the rest of the Oranienburger Straße
-visit the city of Potsdam

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Thanks for the replies, lads! The information will definately help me through this nice city!

@ mij2: Have fun as well, and enjoy your stay!

·
spaghetti polonaise
2,532 Posts
Don't forget the quarter Prenzlauer Berg. You will find bohemian lifestyle and some unusual shops there. Get out at Eberswalder Straße (line U2).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts