Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
4,606 Posts
Hopefully, there will be a declaration of statehood for Palestine at this year's UN General Assembly, with its capital in Jerusalem.

·
Banned
7,713 Posts
Would love to know more about Palestine, hope for peace for everyone concerned. Had the pleasure of visiting Jerusalem years ago, it was such an interesting place, not large, but filled with history, if there was peace these cities in Israel and Palestine would really boom.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Sorry but I cant help, I googled "Palestine" and there isnt any?

It is not on the map yet.

And Jerusalem is in Israel. Jerusalem is and will be and always be Israeli capital forever and ever.
Jews were there 6000 years before than Islam (1500 yrs ago or so?)

So why are you being so ignorant and hatred?

·
Banned
4,606 Posts
Hardly. The Jews invaded Palestine, and David stole Jerusalem from the Philistines.

Moreover, no one but Jews thinks that East Jerusalem, at the very least, should not be the capital of Palestine.

Not only are your facts wrong, but if you incorrectly think that the Jews were the original inhabitants of Jerusalem (which they were not), do you support, as an Australian, giving your house back to the native people from whom Europeans stole the land?

·
6,874 Posts
Hardly. The Jews invaded Palestine, and David stole Jerusalem from the Philistines.

Moreover, no one but Jews thinks that East Jerusalem, at the very least, should not be the capital of Palestine.

Not only are your facts wrong, but if you incorrectly think that the Jews were the original inhabitants of Jerusalem (which they were not), do you support, as an Australian, giving your house back to the native people from whom Europeans stole the land?
...but isn't the Philistines far from modern day Palestinians? I mean, the Palestinians today are Arabs, decedents of the Canaanites, similarly to what the Jewish people are. Both are Semitic tribes. The Philistines were an Indo-European sect who invaded the southern coast of ancient Syria from the sea in the fourteenth century BCE. They are of Cypriot and Aegean decent....

so who exactly invaded who? :?

·
Banned
7,713 Posts
Everytime I think of the Holy Land, in deference to both sides, I start craving falafel and carrot juice :)

·
Proud warmonger
3,142 Posts
Sorry but I cant help, I googled "Palestine" and there isnt any?

It is not on the map yet.
And Jerusalem is in Israel. Jerusalem is and will be and always be Israeli capital forever and ever.
Jews were there 6000 years before than Islam (1500 yrs ago or so?)
So why are you being so ignorant and hatred?
What rubbish :lol:
Typical Zionist rant :nuts:

·
678 999 8212
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Seems the images I posted earlier are no longer working.

Sorry for the delay, I have no time to upload pics. Here are some more,

Inside al-Quds

The Rock itself

The cave where Prophet Muhammad prayed

Masjid al-Aqsa

Inside al-Aqsa

The chamber holding Prophet Muhammad's footprint

The original al-Aqsa mosque

Streets of Jerusalem

The site is venerated as Golgotha, (the Hill of Calvary), where the New Testament says that Jesus was crucified, and is said to also contain the place where Jesus was buried (the sepulchre). The church has been an important Christian pilgrimage destination since at least the 4th century, as the purported site of the resurrection of Jesus.

Where Jesus was laid after crucifixion

Tomb of Jesus (according to the Christian faith)

Tomb of Mary

Tourists playing soccer with local Palestinian kids, outside the mosque

al-Aqsa after maghrib (evening prayer)

The 'Wailing' Western Wall. According to Jewish traditions: this is built upon the foundations of the original wall built by King Solomon; and, God promised that this wall would not be destroyed, which I find quite interesting because the Roman king (Vespian?), who ordered the destruction of the temple, was unable to take the wall down -- and so, it still stands today, withholding God's promise to the Jews. Also, according to Muslim belief, the 'Burraq' Wall; where Prophet Mohammad tethered the Burraq prior to his journey to heaven. The 'Burraq' is a winged steed (from heaven) that transported the Prophets, according to Islamic texts.

Tell me if they work, I'm posting directly from my facebook album.

·
678 999 8212
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Enroute Dead Sea (Jordan)

Dead Sea, the lowest elevation on earth (422 meters below sea level)

37% salt content in the dead sea = can never drown.

Prophet Lūṭ's wife's statue. Lot in theological texts

Wall of the old city of Jerusalem

Inside the old city

Contemplating the sublimity of life over the Dead Sea

1 - 20 of 28 Posts