SkyscraperCity Forum banner
341 - 353 of 353 Posts

·
C. S. Babu
1,305 Posts
FutureTrivandrum
Vote4Trivandrum
Today is election...!!!Vote wisely..Before that check out here what Trivandrum needs and comment your opinion or suggestions regarding this..

:::GENERAL:::

1.Trivandrum Metropolitan Development Authority.

2. Invest in Trivandrum summit should be conducted.

3.Supreme Court and Highcourt bench.

:::TRANSPORT:::

1.6laned Attingal Bypass.

2.Kazhakuttom-Chirayinkil-Varkala new 6laned Road.

3.Kazhakuttom-Kesavadasapuram 6laning.

4.Cherthala-Kazhakuttom NH 6laning.

5.Vizhinjam-Thangasseri 6laned Coastal Marine Highway.

6.Mobility hub at Eastfort, Neyyattinkara, Attingal, Anayara.

7.Trivandrum Metro Rail Corporation should be formed. (Medium metro).

8.CNG bus and CNG autos in Trivandrum the evergreen city of India.

9.Trivandrum Metropolitan Transport Corporation.

10.Kovalam-Kollam lnland Waterway.

11.Upgrading Trivandrum International Airport to International Hub and Airport City.

12.South-West Peninsular Railway Zone for Trivandrum.

13.More train stops at Chirayinkil Railway station.

14.Railway Coach factory at Nemom,Trivandrum.

15.Trivandrum-Cherthala Suburban Rail.

16.Nedumangad Mountain Railway.

:::IT:::

1.Technocity and Knowledge city Fast Forward.

2.Smartcity at Kazhakuttom,Trivandrum.

3.Infocity at Attingal,Trivandrum.

4.New IT park in Trivandrum preferably Nedumangad side or Pothencode ( Take 1000 Acres land and give it to private IT parks like Mahindra . Need 80% land utilisation)

:::INDUSTRY:::

1.Electronic City,Trivandrum.

2.Telecom City,Trivandrum.

3.Petrochemical Park at Vizhinjam,Trivandrum.

4.Hardware and electronic park at Mangalapuram,Trivandrum.

5.Automobile Park at Katakkada,Trivandrum.

6.Industrial Park at Korani,Trivandrum.

7.Chennai-Tiruvannamalai - Trichy - Dindigul - Madurai - Tirunelveli - Trivandrum Industrial corridor.
Or
Chennai - Tiruvannamalai - Salem - Erode/Tirupur - Coimbatore - Dindigul - Madurai - Tirunelveli - Trivandrum Industrial corridor.

:::HEALTH:::

1.AIIMS at Thonnakal,Trivandrum.

2.Bio360 Life Science Park Fast forward.

3.New Govt.Medical College at Chirayinkeezh.

:::EDUCATION:::

1.Academic City ,Trivandrum.

2.IIT,Trivandrum.

3.IIM,Trivandrum.

4.EduCity at Chirayinkil ,Trivandrum.

:::MARITIME:::

1.Asia's biggest shipyard, Trivandrum Shipyard at Poovar.

2.Maritime Park at Vizhinjam,Trivandrum.

FutureTrivandrum
Like n share.

Looks like Abhishek belongs to Chirayankeezhu::eek:hno: I would love this one though 2.Kazhakuttom-Chirayinkil-Varkala new 6laned Road.

·
C. S. Babu
1,305 Posts
Yaa every one know who is a snake.I am also a malayalee, but sorry to say that malayalees are least to be trusted if you go outside the state.

Keralaites are not clever but crooked and opportunist(I am not talking all but many).
That is not a fair statement for all the mallus (NRKs and NRIs) who work hard , earn money and feed people back home. That is possible only because foreigners and Indians outside Kerala value the work ethics and integrity of each malayalee. Of course there are crooks among them, but I am sure a majority of those staying back in Kerala are unproductive and lazy bums, especially the so called Govt. Servants.

·
C. S. Babu
1,305 Posts
^^ Not joking, if LDF guys can think above party lines, and to reward a man who hadn't forgotten mallus (unlike some other Cong ministers, read Vayalar Ravi, Antony etc) when he was in the corridors of power. Of course that decision requires statesmanship.

·
C. S. Babu
1,305 Posts
^^^
If people of Trivandrum was having that in mind and voted then OR would have been a union minister now. :)
I am not getting what made you to think like this and why should LDF do that.
Well, I was not thinking stupid, but such a gesture would have gone a long way in sending a message that GoK will work very closely with GoI, as far as development of the state is concerned. That would be good for Kerala and for TVM. But forget it, it was just a wild wish.

Hope ideologies, if anything left behind, will not hamper fruitful collaboration with centre.

·
C. S. Babu
1,305 Posts
The real issue is less about vanity and more about the loss of employment as head office/corporate functions are merger with those of the SBI, which'd be located outside Trivandrum/Kerala.

The State Government/elected representatives of Trivandrum should seek a commitment towards maintaining existing employment and to getting a significant slice of SBI's IT/BPM work being done in Trivandrum.

This is common practice when large banks or companies merge.

Not sure how can SBI lay-off workers resulting out of a merger. That can surely happen in US, but in India things are different and so not much to gain from that front. However, new recruitment can be controlled.

·
C. S. Babu
1,305 Posts
I do business with SBT, and its not easy. Can SBT come out of associate status of SBI without much harm? How good is SBT management on its own? Could SBT morph into the proposed "Kerala Bank"?

I dont know answers to any of these, but have the opposers thought about the eventual solution for SBT if SBI says "OK.. Take a hike?"

Yes, even in a small town as Varkala, we have a SBI within 200 meters from SBT. There SBT is far bigger compared to SBI, and if a merger happens it has to be SBI into SBT, not the other way around.

I would be happy, as Vinod pointed out, if they let SBT to be some independent bank, and SBI can keep or slowly sell off its stakes to GoK and its public.

·
C. S. Babu
1,305 Posts
MTCR, NSG and Trivandrum

Though not directly related to TVM, I believe the ongoing diplomatic exercises for MTCR and NSG will have consequences for Vizhinjam and TVM. Being a member of MTCR, export of Brahmos missiles will become a reality as well as import/export of delivery vehicles and parts. Vizhinjam would directly benefit in all these.

As for NSG, import of fuel from Africa will have to go through Vizhinjam.

As India is being admitted to MTCR, the Chinese will really be under some diplomatic pressure to ease its stance on NSG membership for INdia. The Chinese are desperately after MTCR to mask its missile proliferation record to N. Korea and Pak. I believe by December India will be in NSG.

·
C. S. Babu
1,305 Posts
Any changes to the MTCR regime will benefit Brahmos.

Missile/aerospace components are typically moved by air, not by sea, so the impact on Vizhinjam will be negligible, if there's any at all.

Nuclear fuel, if imported in processed form, is likely to be moved via air or via sea to ports closest to the point of consumption. In case it's brought in a yellow cake, for example, it will be brought into the port closes to the enrichment facility. Again nil impact on Vizhinjam. Even if fuel is brought to Kudankulam, it will be air-lifted to TRV and taken by road, as it was for the initial fueling of the reactors or brought via sea to the nuclear power station's own jetty or to Tuticorin.

The whole world is not about Vizhinjam.

If we have to import nuclear fuel from Africa, I don't think India will buy processed fuel. It will arrive as ores (can be huge in terms of container volume) that can be processed at our nuclear facilities, at Kudankulam and Kalpakkam if they develop such facilities there. Vizhinjam, though in a minor way, can aid in trans-shipment of these ores. Of course, there is no point in shipping processed nuclear fuel via sea.

Also, GoK must work with the Center in bagging one or two nuclear power plants for the State (with NSG waiver, there will be new plant proposals). With proposed 100%FDI in nuclear technology, Vizhinjam will provide us an advantage in fuel accessibility. One such plant can be located south of Vizhinjam.

Yes, the whole world is not about Vizhinjam at the moment, but it will surely be after 10-15 years.

·
C. S. Babu
1,305 Posts
Kudankulam currently is planned only as a power generation facility, not to process any type of fuel. Any likely fuel facility will be located close to India's own uranium mines. The only exception is if we make any sort of real progress with thorium fueled reactors, in which fuel processing may occur in Kerala or (more likely) TN. Hence any imported ore will be shipped directly to the point of processing because of security concerns.

If not a power plant, GoK could consider a mineral processing plant (near Vizhinjam) independent from useless IRE, that could process ores of U, Th and also the 'karimanal' industry. The technology can now be easily imported from NSG countries. This will create lot of job opportunities for our science graduates.

·
C. S. Babu
1,305 Posts
From the list, the below one is the most impactful one

Loss of lending focus within the Kerala market, SBT is often a lead bank in funding both public and private investments in Kerala and such this focus is likely to be diluted once the management becomes "national"

Business who wants to start here, would find it more difficult to get loans from the merged SBT. SBI will only focus on other states rather than spend in Kerala. It is also granted that all outside state SBT branches will be closed

Hopefully this is taken care by forming the Kerala bank. Hoping for the best
Even if we have a so called Kerala bank, I don't know how it can compete with a giant like SBI, who is one of the top professionally managed banks in the world, in attracting investments. Sentiments aside, mallu investors will only look for transactional ease and banking professionalism.

341 - 353 of 353 Posts