SkyscraperCity banner

401 - 420 of 420 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Reduced poverty by 90%?? Show me the proof.
1956 figures -
The seven decade trend shows overall incidence of poverty in both urban and rural of the country has been declining. 1954/55 and 1966/67 were the two historical years that Indian poverty rate has reached maximum, 61.1 percent and 62 percent, respectively.
Poverty Trend in Seven Decades (1951–2011) in India using Semi-log Growth Model Approach

2016 figures

World Poverty Clock

That's a reduction of 83%. I hope that shuts you up.

·
Registered
40 Posts
സഖാപ്പി #1 തീവ്രവാദി മോനെ,but you haven't said why your logic of need vs want cannot be applied to IFFK. മാർബിൾ വായു എന്നൊക്കെ പറഞ്ഞു വീണിടത്ത് കിടന്നു ഉരുളാതെ ഇത് പറ.
Your double-digit IQ can't see the difference between a 400-year-old structure built by an autocratic ruler and an event that is about the movies showcased there, that a democratic government spends money every year to hold. There isn't even a permanent venue for this event in your city yet.

Yes, the visiting the Taj and visiting IFFK are both wants rather than needs. But the Taj won't move even if I try my level best, but the IFFK can move if enough political pressure is applied.

That's the difference. Get it, bird brain?

·
Registered
40 Posts
നിന്റെ കൊച്ചിയിലെ കടയിൽ ഡിമാൻഡ് കൂടിയാൽ നീ തിരുവനന്തപുരത്ത് കൊണ്ട് കട തുടങ്ങുമോ. കൊച്ചിയിൽ കപ്പൽ നിറഞ്ഞു overflow ആയോണ്ടായിരിക്കും വിഴിഞ്ഞത് പോർട്ട്‌ ഉണ്ടാകുന്നെ. എന്തെ ഇതിനെ പറ്റി ചോദിച്ചപ്പോ നൈസ് ആയിട്ട് മിണ്ടാതിരിക്കുന്നെ.

പിന്നെ കോസ്റ് ഗാർഡ് ഇലെ ഡിമാൻഡ് ആൻഡ് സപ്ലൈ ഭീകരം ആയി പോയി. കൊച്ചി കായലിൽ ആണെങ്കിൽ ചെളി ഉണ്ടെന്ന്നെങ്കിലും പറയാം, നിന്റെ തലയിൽ അതും ഉള്ള ലക്ഷണമില്ല
എറണാകുളത്തെ എൻ്റെ കടയിൽ തെക്കന്മാരും വടക്കൻമാരും നല്ല രീതിയിൽ വരുന്നുണ്ടെങ്കിൽ, കടയിൽ തിരക്ക് താങ്ങാവുന്നേൽ കൂടുതൽ ആണേൽ, ഞാൻ പുതിയ ഒരു കട തുടങ്ങുന്നത് കോഴിക്കോടോ തിരോന്തോരോത്തോ ആവാം. എന്നിട്ടും തിരക്ക് കുറയുന്നില്ലേൽ, എറണാകുളത്തു രണ്ടാമതൊരു കട ഇടും. ഇതാണ് കുറച്ചെങ്കിലും Business Sense ഉള്ള ആൾകാർ ചെയ്യാറ്.

സംഘികളുടെ തലയിൽ ആൾതാമസം ഇല്ലാത്തതു കൊണ്ട് ചേട്ടന് ഇത് റാഡിക്കൽ ആയിട്ടുള്ള ഒരു അറിവായിരിക്കും.

കോസ്റ്റ് ഗാർഡിൻ്റെ Demand and Supply യെ കുറിച്ച് ഞാൻ എവിടേലും പറഞ്ഞോ സംഘിക്കുട്ടാ?

That's a restriction of the budget and facilities. If the coast guard had enough money, they'd have a full-fledged hub at every minor port in Kerala. They don't. So it's only Kochi for the time being (as this centre is the best compromise and can serve all of Kerala reasonably well). Once facilites open up in Vizhinjam and more funds are available, they may open another hub there.

·
Registered
40 Posts
ലിങ്ക് ഒക്കെ എല്ലാവർക്കും കിട്ടും മാഷേ. കുറച്ചു ലിങ്ക് ഞാനും തരാം,

അത് പൊളിച്ചു മച്ചാനെ, ഞാൻ ഇവിടെ Forbes ൻ്റെ ലിങ്ക് ഇട്ടപ്പോ സേട്ടൻ dailyo ലിങ്ക് ഇട്ടു മറിക്കുവാനല്ലോ!

പിന്നെ ആ രണ്ടാമത്തെ ലിങ്ക് എന്താ പറയുന്നേ?

...A government assessment report.

തള്ളാൻ വേറൊരു തെണ്ടിടേം സഹായം നിങ്ങൾക്ക് വേണ്ട, അല്ലെ?

·
Registered
40 Posts
സഖാപ്പി #1 തീവ്രവാദി മോനെ
The communal insinuation here is pretty clear.

It is rather unfortunate that me hitting out against a political ideology ( an ideology that wants to dictate what's on my dinner plate) has led to name-calling of such a malicious nature.

@Pradeep Jacob , @Xeno Axe , I wish you'd show the same enthusiasm to call out this sort of venom spewing as you'd shown in questioning why I bring politics into this discussion.

I bring politics into this discussion because some of the BJP supporters here bring their poisonous ideology to every other post of theirs. The snarky comments about the "achayans in central Kerala" and similar about "Malabar" have gone on for a long time here. No one's come out and said, "This is not done".

Shame!

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
1: Talking politics here is against the rules of this forum. If people want to talk politics, go to the Chaibar section where you can talk politics. And @madhatter22021 trying to bring politics into this discussion is a logical fallacy. So stop bringing red herrings into the discussion. Poverty and the Indian economy has nothing to do with IFFK. There is also an Indian economy thread for Economic discussions. The reason why you trying to bring politics to derail the discussion itself is proof that you have no valid argument.

2: At least say why you posted that meme. For example, when I used that 'sponge bob mock meme' to mock you, I clearly explained why your statement is completely dumb/wrong and is mockable. But all you did here was posting "ചേട്ടന് ഇതിനെപ്പറ്റി വല്യ ധാരണയില്ലല്ലേ?" and no explanation. So let me explain that again.

You alleged that I said "We all know central location is a blunder"; and it's a "classic case of an Alleged Certainty fallacy." (as per the link you posted) Alleged Certainty fallacy is 'asserting a conclusion without evidence or premises, through a statement that makes the conclusion appear certain when, in fact, it is not.' ie, for example, Everybody knows that X is true. Therefore, X is true.'

But if you look at my posts, you can clearly see that's not the case. What I actually said is this "I also explained why your central location theory (which you used to justify hijacking IFFK to Kochi) is total bulls*it." After saying it, I continued to explain why your central location theory is bulls*it. You quoted the first sentence and ignored the rest just to imply that I did an 'Alleged Certainty fallacy', which is a blatant lie. And when I pointed out that, your only reply is that meme. This proves that you are clearly a liar also.

Are you okay in the head?
No. But better than you. 😂

Where did Aster start its quaternary medical facility when they wanted to?
Like Aster is the only organization set up in Kerala! 😂 I use Aster and an example for an organization because you said "എല്ലാ ഗുദാമിലും ഒരു ആസ്റ്റർ മെഡിസിറ്റി സ്ഥാപിക്കണം എന്ന് പറയുന്ന ശെരിയാണോ". I'm sorry. I forgot a movement that you have no brain development to understand that.

Every town in Kerala may have a hospital, but when something of world-class standards is being set up, simple economics tells us they will be limited in number. That number for an international film festival in a state like Kerala when government-funded, is very possibly not more than one. And when we have limited quantities of a thing, the whole family shares it. At least, that was how things were in my family.
Are you implying that every major event and every major organization in Kerala first came to Kochi and later went to the rest of Kerala? 😂😂

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
[QUOTE="madhatter22021, post: 172136434, member: 1581607"The only way we (Kerala) can share this limited meal (a film festival of international repute) is to hold it somewhere everybody in the state has an equal chance of accessing it. And that's only in Thrissur or Kochi. I'm okay with either.[/QUOTE]

Again, if the state wants an equal chance of access, that central location is definitely not your city. 😅 In fact, Kozhikode/Parappanangadi is as much as "centre" to Kerala as Kochi. Thrissur is equal to an extent. But the real region at the exact geographical centre of Kerala is Palakkad - Alathur - Shornur - Ottapalam region. But still, that requires someone at the ends of the state travel at least ~300 KM. So why not another film festival in Kozhikode - Kannur region? And let IFFK continue in Trivandrum. Then the people in Kerala can watch a film festival by travelling less than 200KM! That will solve the entire "not able to reach easily problem also. Money is not a problem as it will only cost just a fraction of what the government already spends on private events. We all know that the Malabar region is ignored and underdeveloped. So this will give a boost to Malabar people. And since Trivandrum and Kochi already have cricket ready International stadiums, Malabar lacks one. What about the next KCA stadium? I think it should be in Kozhikode or Kannur. So everyone can again watch cricket matched by Travelling less than 200KM.

If Kerala was a circle, your central location theory and the equal chance of access would've made at least a small sense. As a looong state, developing 2 economic hubs in the north and south of the state give people more equality than developing just the centre of the state. I think the government should prioritise that right? And as an advocate for "equal chance of access" to people, I think you also agree with this, as it will give people not only equal chance, smaller travel distance also.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Your double-digit IQ can't see the difference between a 400-year-old structure built by an autocratic ruler and an event that is about the movies showcased there, that a democratic government spends money every year to hold. There isn't even a permanent venue for this event in your city yet.

Yes, the visiting the Taj and visiting IFFK are both wants rather than needs. But the Taj won't move even if I try my level best, but the IFFK can move if enough political pressure is applied.

That's the difference. Get it, bird brain?
Wrong answer!! My question was not whether Tajmahal can be moved or not. My question was, why you don't apply your rule of need vs want, and choose not to come to IFFK. Now you only said that you can choose to do so as it is a want, don't say I am forcing you to choose. ആലോചിച്ചു മനസിലാക്കി ഉത്തരം പറയു ഓട്ട തലയാ.

·
Registered
777 Posts
എറണാകുളത്തെ എൻ്റെ കടയിൽ തെക്കന്മാരും വടക്കൻമാരും നല്ല രീതിയിൽ വരുന്നുണ്ടെങ്കിൽ, കടയിൽ തിരക്ക് താങ്ങാവുന്നേൽ കൂടുതൽ ആണേൽ, ഞാൻ പുതിയ ഒരു കട തുടങ്ങുന്നത് കോഴിക്കോടോ തിരോന്തോരോത്തോ ആവാം. എന്നിട്ടും തിരക്ക് കുറയുന്നില്ലേൽ, എറണാകുളത്തു രണ്ടാമതൊരു കട ഇടും. ഇതാണ് കുറച്ചെങ്കിലും Business Sense ഉള്ള ആൾകാർ ചെയ്യാറ്.

സംഘികളുടെ തലയിൽ ആൾതാമസം ഇല്ലാത്തതു കൊണ്ട് ചേട്ടന് ഇത് റാഡിക്കൽ ആയിട്ടുള്ള ഒരു അറിവായിരിക്കും.

കോസ്റ്റ് ഗാർഡിൻ്റെ Demand and Supply യെ കുറിച്ച് ഞാൻ എവിടേലും പറഞ്ഞോ സംഘിക്കുട്ടാ?

That's a restriction of the budget and facilities. If the coast guard had enough money, they'd have a full-fledged hub at every minor port in Kerala. They don't. So it's only Kochi for the time being (as this centre is the best compromise and can serve all of Kerala reasonably well). Once facilites open up in Vizhinjam and more funds are available, they may open another hub there.
Great business acumen. So by that logic, they must have realized more thekkans are coming to Lulu Kochi, than vadakkans. That is why they chose Trivandrum next. And more thekkans are going there than from kochi itself. That's why they are building a mall bigger than Kochi in Trivandrum. അല്ലെ സഖാപ്പി മോനെ

Coast guard has enough money. Can you prove otherwise? Also, can you prove that they chose Kochi to provide coverage equally across Kerala? I thought, coast guard operates at a national level and don't go about finding the mid point state by state. Mumbai HQ is not in the middle of Maharashtra coast, Mangalore is not in the middle of Karnataka coast, Chennai and Puducherry are not in the middle of TN coast, Visakhapatnam is not in the middle of Andhra Pradesh, all I see is that each state gets one or two, that's all.

·
Registered
777 Posts
അത് പൊളിച്ചു മച്ചാനെ, ഞാൻ ഇവിടെ Forbes ൻ്റെ ലിങ്ക് ഇട്ടപ്പോ സേട്ടൻ dailyo ലിങ്ക് ഇട്ടു മറിക്കുവാനല്ലോ!

പിന്നെ ആ രണ്ടാമത്തെ ലിങ്ക് എന്താ പറയുന്നേ?

...A government assessment report.

തള്ളാൻ വേറൊരു തെണ്ടിടേം സഹായം നിങ്ങൾക്ക് വേണ്ട, അല്ലെ?
മച്ചാൻ കൊച്ചാനേ, എന്നാ നീ ആ രണ്ടു ലിങ്ക് മാറ്റി വയ്ക്കു. ബാക്കി നോക്കു. നീ ഒരു forbes ലിങ്ക് അല്ലെ തന്നത്, ബാക്കി ഒക്കെ വേറെ അല്ലെ. ഒരു forbes വന്നേക്കുന്നു

·
Registered
777 Posts
The communal insinuation here is pretty clear.

It is rather unfortunate that me hitting out against a political ideology ( an ideology that wants to dictate what's on my dinner plate) has led to name-calling of such a malicious nature.

@Pradeep Jacob , @Xeno Axe , I wish you'd show the same enthusiasm to call out this sort of venom spewing as you'd shown in questioning why I bring politics into this discussion.

I bring politics into this discussion because some of the BJP supporters here bring their poisonous ideology to every other post of theirs. The snarky comments about the "achayans in central Kerala" and similar about "Malabar" have gone on for a long time here. No one's come out and said, "This is not done".

Shame!
The sooner your Sanghi city that's been fueled purely by bureaucracy and now crony capitalism dies, the better for our state.
I don't see why Kerala's film festival has to be in Sanghi town, other than the above said sense of entitlement.
Hahahah, man. If you think you don't come off as Sanghi to anyone who spends more than a few minutes going through this forum, you're very mistaken.

Are you even denying that you're a Hindutvavadi?
Nazi bro was saying IFFK will shut shop and a new film festival would be commissioned, yeah?
Xeno, you tit.
I'm guessing you're among those people who supported spending 3000cr on a statue in Gujarat when a good part of our population shits in open.
Would you rather the cow lovers in the BIMARU states keep living off our taxes?
You reap what you sow. You started coloring people based on politics here. You started attributing people that they might like 3000cr statue, sanghi and all. From the topic of IFFK, you started pulling in unrelated topics out of the blue. If that is your freedom, others have the same freedom, to pull in other topics out of the blue. If you do that, be prepared to accept what you get in return. അല്ലാതെ തിരിച്ചു കിട്ടുമ്പോ എന്നെ പറഞ്ഞേ എന്ന് പറഞ്ഞു മോങ്ങിയിട്ട് കാര്യമൊന്നും ഇല്ല. ഓരോന്ന് പറയുമ്പോ ആലോചിക്കണം. You started this insinuation and pulled in unwanted topics here. Now show the spine to face it.

Why are you whining now and calling on folks of Trivandrum to support you?? ഈ ഡയലോഗ് അടിച്ചത് നീ തന്നെ അല്ലെ

കരഞ്ഞു പതിവില്ല, കാര്യങ്ങൾ നടത്തിയാ പതിവ്. അത് തെറ്റിക്കില്ല

·
Registered
777 Posts
OK, that raises more questions. Let me do the math using your sources,

From the above source,
Poverty level in 1951 = 45 per 100
Poverty level in 2011 = 22 per 100
Reduction in poverty from 1951 - 2011 = 45-22 = 23 per 100
Percentage change from 1951 - 2011 = (23/45) * 100 = 51.11%

Now lets try to figure out 2011 - 2016,
Poverty level in 2011 = 22 per 100
Poverty level in 2016 = 11 per 100
Reduction in poverty from 2011 - 2016 = 22-11 = 11 per 100
That is, in 5 years from 2011 to 2016, reduction was 11. So per year reduction = 11/5 = 2.2 per 100
Using this lets calculate the reduction from 2011 - 2014 = 3 * 2.2 =6.6 per 100

Now subtract it from 2011 levels to find the poverty level at 2014 = 22 - 6.6 = 15.4 per 100.

Now lets calculate the difference from 1951 to 2014 = 45 - 15.4 = 29.6 per 100
Percentage change from 1951 to 2014 = (29.6/ 45 ) * 100 = 65.77% ( no where near your 90% initial claim or your revised 83% claim)

2014 - 2016 reduction needs to be attributed to that period's government. Hence I took out the 2014-2016 reduction. Note that I still haven't taken out the duration of Vajpayee government here (6 years). Now, lets say for arguments sake I am not taking out anything, we calculate the difference from 1951 - 2016.

Reduction in poverty from 1951 - 2016 = ((45 - 11)/45) * 100 = 75.56%, still no where near your initial 90% claim or your revised 83% claim. Note that I haven't taken out the 6 year term of Vajpayee government. If you want, I can give you that also. That would mean the poverty reduction under your favorite family will go further down.

Per year reduction in poverty from 1951 - 2016 = 75.56/(2016 - 1951) = 1.162%

Now lets calculate the change from 2014 to 2021,

Poverty level at 2014 = 15.4 per 100
Poverty level at 2021 = 11 per 100
Difference 15.4 -11 = 4.4 per 100
Percentage reduction = (4.4/15.4)*100 = 28%
Per year reduction from 2016 - 2021 = 28/(2016-2021) = 5.6%

Summary,

Reduction in poverty from 1951 - 2011 = (23/45) * 100 = 51.11%
Reduction in poverty from 1951 to 2014 = (29.6/ 45 ) * 100 = 65.77%
Reduction in poverty from 1951 - 2016 = ((45 - 11)/45) * 100 = 75.56%, you first claimed 90%, then 83%.
Reduction in poverty from 2016 - 2021 = ((15.4 - 11)/15.4)*100 = 28.57%
Per year reduction in poverty from 1951 - 2016 = 75.56/(2016 - 1951) = 1.162% reduction per year
Per year reduction from 2016 - 2021 = 28/(2016-2021) = 5.6% reduction per year

I see that you have conveniently ignored the level in 1951, and chose a high base in 55/66, there by skirting the rise in poverty level from 51 to 55/66. Smart move buddy! Yet you couldn't reach your 90% initial claim.

Now, all my numbers are quoted from your sources. Now show me how you got your 83% or 90%.

·
@#$%^&
1,848 Posts
മച്ചാൻ കൊച്ചാനേ, എന്നാ നീ ആ രണ്ടു ലിങ്ക് മാറ്റി വയ്ക്കു. ബാക്കി നോക്കു. നീ ഒരു forbes ലിങ്ക് അല്ലെ തന്നത്, ബാക്കി ഒക്കെ വേറെ അല്ലെ. ഒരു forbes വന്നേക്കുന്നു
Nice. Seems he is Eranali Kochan. Mosquito bites are too much now a days...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Wrong answer!! My question was not whether Tajmahal can be moved or not. My question was, why you don't apply your rule of need vs want, and choose not to come to IFFK. Now you only said that you can choose to do so as it is a want, don't say I am forcing you to choose. ആലോചിച്ചു മനസിലാക്കി ഉത്തരം പറയു ഓട്ട തലയാ.
Because I want to attend IFFK and not to travel too far. I can demand this because the fest is being held with my tax money. It's held with tax money paid by people in Kozhikode, Kasargode, Kannur, Thrissur, etc and not just folks from Thiruvananthapuram.

These taxpayers have a right to demand the fest be held somewhere more accessible.

അതീ രാജാക്കന്മാരുടെ സമയം തൊട്ടേ ബാക്കി നാട്ടുകാരുടെ കാശ് കൊണ്ട് ജീവിക്കുന്ന തിരോന്തോരംകാർക്കെങ്ങെനെ മനസ്സിലാവാൻ?

·
Registered
40 Posts
1: Talking politics here is against the rules of this forum. If people want to talk politics, go to the Chaibar section where you can talk politics. And @madhatter22021 trying to bring politics into this discussion is a logical fallacy. So stop bringing red herrings into the discussion. Poverty and the Indian economy has nothing to do with IFFK. There is also an Indian economy thread for Economic discussions. The reason why you trying to bring politics to derail the discussion itself is proof that you have no valid argument.
Alright, politics is a no go, but the perverted communal talk that's keeping away every one but UCs from this forum is fine?

Talk about having no moral compass at all!

·
Registered
40 Posts
2: At least say why you posted that meme. For example, when I used that 'sponge bob mock meme' to mock you, I clearly explained why your statement is completely dumb/wrong and is mockable. But all you did here was posting "ചേട്ടന് ഇതിനെപ്പറ്റി വല്യ ധാരണയില്ലല്ലേ?" and no explanation. So let me explain that again.

You alleged that I said "We all know central location is a blunder"; and it's a "classic case of an Alleged Certainty fallacy." (as per the link you posted) Alleged Certainty fallacy is 'asserting a conclusion without evidence or premises, through a statement that makes the conclusion appear certain when, in fact, it is not.' ie, for example, Everybody knows that X is true. Therefore, X is true.'

But if you look at my posts, you can clearly see that's not the case. What I actually said is this "I also explained why your central location theory (which you used to justify hijacking IFFK to Kochi) is total bulls*it." After saying it, I continued to explain why your central location theory is bulls*it. You quoted the first sentence and ignored the rest just to imply that I did an 'Alleged Certainty fallacy', which is a blatant lie. And when I pointed out that, your only reply is that meme. This proves that you are clearly a liar also.
I posted that meme cuz I was bamboozled by your reply. Completely flabbergasted. The best reply in the history of replies.

Didn't look like you just googled what that term was at all.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Money is not a problem as it will only cost just a fraction of what the government already spends on private events.
This you decided how?

Don't you think the rest of the state is already tired of bankrolling your city's effort to look like a major urban centre when it's actually just a collection of semi urban areas and a tiny citadel?

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
Alright, politics is a no go, but the perverted communal talk that's keeping away every one but UCs from this forum is fine? Talk about having no moral compass at all!
Well, you started it! 😂 I asked you several times to stop bringing politics into the discussion. And you were like "രാഷ്ട്രീയം എന്നത് എവിടെയും കൊണ്ടുവരേണ്ട ആവശ്യം ഇല്ല." and started calling everyone "sanghi". Because everyone knows talking politics only end like this. Now you are crying about it. 😆

I posted that meme cuz I was bamboozled by your reply. Completely flabbergasted. The best reply in the history of replies. Didn't look like you just googled what that term was at all.
Dude, our MP is Shashi Tharoor. So we know what flabbergasted is. And even KG students know the meaning of the word 'bamboozled'. It's a widely used word in kid's books. And you still didn't say why are you 'bamboozled' and 'flabbergasted' by my reply.😂

Maybe. Maybe not. But seems like private enterprises that have entered Kerala via TVM can be counted on one hand.
That's not an answer. If you can't answer that, then this is also another blatant lie from you.

This you decided how? Don't you think the rest of the state is already tired of bankrolling your city's effort to look like a major urban centre when it's actually just a collection of semi urban areas and a tiny citadel?
By common sense. If the government can spend a lot of money on private events, then the government can also spend a small fraction of it on an event in North Kerala.

401 - 420 of 420 Posts