Updates on 10-12-2011

QRS MEGAMALL

Rajadhani buildings

Federal bank

·
Registered
5,185 Posts
NH bypass project set for revival: Tharoor

THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: Shashi Tharoor MP, said that the development of the NH-47 bypass stretch between Kazhakkoottam and Karode on the Kerala-Tamil Nadu border was seeing signs of revival.
He told a news conference here on Saturday that the 43-km stretch, a part of the 212-km-long NH stretch, started in 1974, was still incomplete owing to various reasons.
He pointed out that the land acquisition had been completed for the 27-km four-lane between Kazhakkoottam and Kottukal, near Vizhinjam. But the project got stuck after the completion of the 22-km bypass between Kazhakkoottam and Kovalam, 15 years ago.
The land acquisition between Kottukal and Karode (17-km stretch) was stalled 15 years ago. Tharoor said that the project had revived with the approval of the Union Ministry of Surface Transport and the Highways Authority of India. It has been decided to complete the tender process in six months and the land acquisition and claims settlements in one year, he said. The land acquisition will be completed under the NH Act, 1956. The land acquisition and reconstruction will be completed at a cost of Rs 750 crore.

·
Trivandrum Lobbyist
7,874 Posts
does this man only deal with one thing at a time! What about the millions going to waste in the form of the AI Hangar?
At least he is dealing with one thing at a time, as opposed to the current Ministry which seems to be handling nothing all the time!

·
Evergreen City of India
616 Posts
What about the karamana- Kaliyikavila road widening, any news ? the traffic is getting worse day by day :(
I think once kazhakootam - karode highway is completed, it will be able to reduce the traffic in the karamana-kaliyikavila road significantly.

·
P Jacob
2,054 Posts
Is it Dr Tharoor's achievement or is he just claiming credit for the same? Immediate priority now for us ought to be the Hangar, where our money has been sunk. Leaving it unutilised is clearly a case of negligence!

·
Registered
825 Posts
Is this a new road or are they planning to widen the existing road. The report has mentioned the dreaded word BOT here. So I am sure there will be entertainments like agitations toll booth Capture etc.

·
The Royal Capital
4,214 Posts
Sree Narayana Hridayalaya Hospitals, Bangalore coming to Trivandrum????

They have asked for 5 acres in Technocity.

Got this from the pending request section of Technopark's website.

If anyone has info on this, pls share.

link

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Is this a new road or are they planning to widen the existing road. The report has mentioned the dreaded word BOT here. So I am sure there will be entertainments like agitations toll booth Capture etc.
Not in Trivandrum - Dont we still pay toll on Mamom bridge which was constructed decades ago without agitation? And the bypass is already tolled, AFAIK.

·
9,474 Posts
The report has mentioned the dreaded word BOT here. So I am sure there will be entertainments like agitations toll booth Capture etc.
It didn't mention,it will be BOT Tolled or BOT Annuity.:)
So we need to wait some more time to get the actual details.

·
9,474 Posts
Dont we still pay toll on Mamom bridge which was constructed decades ago without agitation? And the bypass is already tolled, AFAIK.
There is no toll at Mamom bridge,but once it was.Instead, there is toll at Amaravila Bridge.Toll at Bypass is for Akkulam Bridge.

·
Trivandrum Lobbyist
7,874 Posts
Pradeep Jacob said:
Is it Dr Tharoor's achievement or is he just claiming credit for the same? Immediate priority now for us ought to be the Hangar, where our money has been sunk. Leaving it unutilised is clearly a case of negligence!
I personally know that he had been in constant touch with the Union Minister for MoRTH over the last year or so. I have first hand knowledge of at least one letter that he sent and meetings related to that. So if anyone has worked for this project, it is Dr Tharoor as opposed to our worthy State-level politicos who were too busy agreeing in an "all-party consensus" to block the 4-laning. Give credit where it is due, Pradeep.

As for the hangar, there is little the MP can do if the Union Minister has some vested interest in mind or is simply not interested in saving money for his sinking Ministry.

·
Trivandrum @ 2020
1,038 Posts
I personally know that he had been in constant touch with the Union Minister for MoRTH over the last year or so. I have first hand knowledge of at least one letter that he sent and meetings related to that. So if anyone has worked for this project, it is Dr Tharoor as opposed to our worthy State-level politicos who were too busy agreeing in an "all-party consensus" to block the 4-laning. Give credit where it is due, Pradeep.

As for the hangar, there is little the MP can do if the Union Minister has some vested interest in mind or is simply not interested in saving money for his sinking Ministry.
Well said Ajay..... We should give credit where it is due . Never before we saw anyone from the state/central govt initiating this major road project in the the past 20 years . Hats off Tharoorji:cheers:

·
Registered
115 Posts

Rightly said..we should atleast appreciate when someone is trying something. NH road widening is more critical than hangar unit. Moreover our mallu minister is only in top of airports authority and he can easily get it done if he need. Moreover if tharoor is raising also i dont think they will do because of ego issues with him..

·
C. S. Babu
1,305 Posts
does this man only deal with one thing at a time! What about the millions going to waste in the form of the AI Hangar?
Indeed, this man ST is crazy. He must work for all of them, Vizhinjam, Hangar, NH, stadium, etc etc at the same time. Must take a lesson or two from the current Govt., now they are building Mullaperiyar dam as well! :eek:hno:

Looks like this poor guy is not permitted to do anything, good or bad , not even his personal decision for a third marriage.:bash:

·
Registered
476 Posts
Can anyone please inform about the current status of the bmw showroom in trivandrum? I suggested a bmw vehicle to my uncle but he won't buy it if there is no showroom in trivandrum. So please can any one help???

6841 - 6860 of 13707 Posts