SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered non-User
7,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not too familiar with the issues of Sri Lanka and its Tamil rebels so i need help with this.

I got a pm from serendib stating:

"hello, please visit this thread http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showt...482#post4005482 , i would request the ADMINS to remove a particular map which is posted in the thread .. this is a post by a LTTE support.. who is in this thread to make trouble .. and i will be complied to make a formal complaint to the CID, of Sri Lanka and will be forced to take further action if the map is not removed .. these propagandist work in this method which is not at all compliant in a site which is for ppl to interact ... the map was first publsihed by another forumer but was later than removed by the request of many other sri lankans .. and this terrorist supporter (LTTE BANNED IN THE USA , UK AND MANY OTHER COUNTRIES .. AND BANNED BY THE UN) has posted a map again ... i'm very sorry to say that no admin has taken action against this act which is a pathetic situation for the whole site .. i beleive that you would take action against it immediately and remove the map and the other pictures which are offensive to all sri lankans, and buddhists .. Sri Lanka is One country not two .. and a terrorist group should not at any rate be tolerated .. like i said i hope i woun't have to take the issue up with the CID and the CCD of sri lanka .... thank you ."

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
this doesnt link..what kind of map is it?

i suppose if a post promotes LTTE which is a designated terrorist group by UN, you should remove it, if it's just map suggesting separation of tamil state from Sri Lanka, it should stay.

·
28,672 Posts
I don't know what map this guy is talking about. But I believe the map was removed by the original poster after Serendib complained.

The Tamil - Sinhalese problem in Sri Lanka is a sensitive issue and should not be discussed in this forum.

BTW Serendib (and his various avatars) is the one who has raised the issue mainy times and tries to act like a propagandist himself. He has been a troublemaker from the beginning (my personal opinion).

On the other side you have Anniyan who flares up any time someone says anything about Tamils. He leaves behind his brain when he argues.

And when two trouble makers like Anniyan and Serendib clash it is double trouble.

GreyX or Dave can one of you please send a friendly warning to Serendib and Anniyan not to discuss the issue at all in this forum. This after all is not a forum for politcial discussions especially ones that cause too much anger.

My two cents.

And also can some one run an ip check on Serendib and Anniyan and see if they have other registrations as well?

·
28,672 Posts
Okay the thread has been locked for now.

Don't know if we should get rid of all those idiotic arguments and open up the thread.

Dave its your call.

·
By Spirit
25,912 Posts
I dropped a warning in that thread for now and have left it closed.

Meanwhile, an IP check on serendib reveals the following with similar IP:

colombo
gurujay
jaytheguru
littlejohn
madushan_11
NotiS
SunilD
taprobane

any opinions on these? :eek:

·
28,672 Posts
Both of them are troublemakers.

In case of Anniyan, the first id was banned by Jan for spamming. The second one was banned for creating trouble in Pakistan forum along with Madhusudhan. The next few ones he created and didn't like and seems to have settled for Anniyan. The only positive thing about him is that he responds to PMs and tries to make amends. But after a few days he repeats the same problem. He is probably Tamil.

Serendib is a troublemaker from day 1 as madshan_11. Initially he claimed that all of the different ids are his "friends" using the same college pc. But that is BS. People can share pcs/connections. They cannot have the same writing style. His basic aim is to go after Tamils ( and as an extension - India). He has also desperately tried to praise Pakistan and criticize India in some threads. But most Indian and Pakistani forumers have not taken his bait.

There are several Sri Lankans who participate in the Indian forum. They were initially very happy with a "new active Sri Lankan" forumer. But they have all abandoned him after his antics of trying to cause trouble. That may be another reason why he has created so many ids to support himself.

Personally I think his knowledge of Sri Lanka is as good as mine. Which is bookish knowledge. But I may be wrong.

That's my assessment of the two.

But I don't think we should allow Sinhala - Tamil or Muslim - Hindu - Buddhist politics in here because it is bound to create trouble.

I think a public warning is good.

·
Registered non-User
7,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ough...I keep getting complaints about Tamils and Sinhalese. I wish i could do more, but i really have very little knowledge of Sri Lanka. What do we do, just close all threads that discuss this conflict? After all, this is a skyscraper forum.

·
By Spirit
25,912 Posts
^

yah I think its one of those political hot topics that we should simply avoid...as I am not familiar with it myself, better to get drwho or Suncity to provide the links to the threads and just close them...after all, this forum isnt about politics.

·
slacker oui!
3,588 Posts
Its pretty problematic,i think we have some posters in the Sri Lanka-threads that have copies of 2-3 IDs.

Raffie,GreyX> the best thing is just to delete the posts that are made by the trolls.There are picture in this thread in the thread that show gruesome pics of slain bodies.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=183478&page=3&pp=20

posts from 49 and forward should be deleted.Also i need info if "VISAAKAN"
and SunilD are running multiple IDs.

Also this thread should be locked>

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=211979&page=5&pp=20

·
28,672 Posts
drwho said:
Also i need info if "VISAAKAN"
SunilD
colombo
gurujay
jaytheguru
littlejohn
madushan_11
NotiS
taprobane

all have same ips. All of them are problem makers and the same people I guess.

Visakaan is a problem creator too. He may be Anniyan or one of his friends.

·
28,672 Posts
Suncity said:
SunilD
colombo
gurujay
jaytheguru
littlejohn
madushan_11
NotiS
taprobane

all have same ips. All of them are problem makers and the same people I guess.

Visakaan is a problem creator too. He may be Anniyan or one of his friends.
Brig all of them for five days.

·
By Spirit
25,912 Posts
drwho said:
Its pretty problematic,i think we have some posters in the Sri Lanka-threads that have copies of 2-3 IDs.

Raffie,GreyX> the best thing is just to delete the posts that are made by the trolls.There are picture in this thread in the thread that show gruesome pics of slain bodies.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=183478&page=3&pp=20

posts from 49 and forward should be deleted.Also i need info if "VISAAKAN"

Also this thread should be locked>

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=211979&page=5&pp=20

ok..I split off the posts #49 onwards and moved the offending parts to Yang for evidence in future.

and the other thread is closed.

·
By Spirit
25,912 Posts
Visakkaan pmed me back:

Hi RafflesCity,

I will not post or create another id, I will wait. Did you see who started the hate messages? I am not here to spread any hate. I wanted to show the pictures of where I came from that’s all. They wanted to close the “Tamil Eelam” thread. I guess the minorities always treated differently even in the international forum like this one.

Regards

·
28,672 Posts
It is true that Serendib started the problem by posting stuff against some organizations. He has been a trouble maker since the beginning. But Visakan has joined in just to argue with him.

We do not want complicated political issues like Tamil Eelam in this forum. Because then we will have a whole group of people just arguing over these issues. There are plenty of other forums for discussing such matters.

This forum is not one of them. It is a skyscraper, skyline, urbanization, infrastructure related forum.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts