Votes: 4 7.7%
  • less than 3

Votes: 10 19.2%
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Mr.Br*gthside
23,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Trujillo is located in the Northern coast of Peru. It has 400,000 inhabitants, and 350,000 more in its metropolitan area. It is the land of the Peruvian Pacing Horse, Marinera dance and the 2005 Miss World- Maria Julia Mantilla. It doesnt have a define skyline, but in the last couple of years it has been home for an economic boom, that will be traduce in construction proyects in the short term. I hope you like it.

From Google Earth, the big sand brown spot on the left of the picture are the ancient ruins of Chan Chan, the biggest adobe town on earth. There are a touristic attraction now.

The city entrance, this used to be desert, but now is intensive agricultural land. Peru´s coast has become the first producer and exporter of oesparragus, olives and paprika.

The City

Catholic Town

The biggest Mural in Latin America

Construction of Real Plaza Mall (theres another mall in construction- Mall Plaza, that will be Peru´s biggest Mall, overpassing Jockey Plaza in Lima).

·
TRUXILLO del PERU !!!
13,751 Posts
Trujillo, my birthplace, is a city which has NO skyline anyway. Perhaps, it might have a sort of skyline in the next 5 years due to its residential construction boom that takes place since 4 or 5 years ago. The current lack of space in the city plus the high demand for buying apartments, are definning the new construction tendency consisting in growing up. (our tallest -currently under construction- has 16 floors, and there are many other projects alike and higher)

Nowadays, we don´t have "tall buildings" themselves, but we´re about to surpass and reach the 20th and 25th-floor mark, respectively.

Thanks for posting pics of my city. Although photos do not describe Trujillo as it really deserve, you did a great photo compilation job !

Cheers !

·
13,727 Posts
My city¡¡¡¡ yeahhh.....Well, what can I say about Trujillo, First This city is suffering several changes in these last years mainly due to agricultural activity.....Now there aren´t tall buildings but many companies started to build aparments cause people prefer live in these places, On the other hand the malls that will open in a few months are a real proof that Trujillo is development very fast in the last couples of years.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
beautiful colonial city booming in construction in these past few years.The city does need a little order in its suburbs but in general its a very pleasant city that is very similar to the capital both in climate and its streets.Its Lima's younger sister.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts