SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
77,011 Posts
excellent. I SAY WHY NOT!! this would piss off Osama bin ladin more then anything. if they do get built it would look like the attack didnt even happen.
love trump! YOUR FIRED!!!

·
Developer
7,646 Posts
Those towers were a desecration of the amazing New York skyline. Bring them back uglier and bigger than ever to stick it right Osama? Just proves how stupid and simple some Americans can be (especially thoses currently in power or stupid rich kids like Trump).

Do you really think Osama gives a shit he has got all the attention he wanted and couldn't are less what they do with the site now.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Grollo said:
Just proves how stupid and simple some Americans can be (especially thoses currently in power or stupid rich kids like Trump).
Now Trump is not on my top ten list (prolly not even on my top 1000 list. To call him stupid though may just be a stretch? He has done rather well for himself (even if, with all that money he continues on with that hair!)

·
selling my body since 88'
2,241 Posts
I think this is a step in the right direction but perhaps not the final one.
I agree 100% with Trump. There is no use in building something that looks like a skeleton. The stupid argument about not being able to lease offices at the top is also flawed- 100m to a plane is nothing.

I think the designs while in essence are like the older ones, are inferior. I don't like the vertical additions to the facade, but i'm sure they are there to inspire strength. They make the building actually look older and break up their sheer sense of height. In truth i never liked the originals, always prefering the ESB and Chrylser. I did appreciate them more after they had gone tho and i see their merits.

I think this is great news tho, i couldn't believe that the final design was going through. I expected the public to be outraged at the very least. I think a twin building should be built, taller as well. Perhaps a medium of the old/new. With this design it is already aged (and like i said is not as good as the originals) and may give the impression that NY is stuck in the past.
I really can't believe that there can't be a better design. One that honours the twins and yet somehow adds to it.

Anyway i think Trump just wanted to voice the opinions of many ppl who are outraged. If i was a Newyorker i would rally too.

Those smaller buildings are TERRIBLE :puke:

·
Galactic Ruler
6,857 Posts
Yes I like what he is doing but the design is not at all what I want to see put up there. I'd still like to see my design or norman fosters, or even something a little like the originals in size and bulk but with a modern smooth glass facade.

·
Registered
77,011 Posts
^ um thats a little different tays. fed coffee pl and Apa were historic 1880's highrise with tiny floor plates constructed of brick & stone and in dilapated state and they were willfully pulled down.
The WTC were simple 63mx63m floor plates with steel framed superstructure.ideal replacement actually! I reckon fellow new Yorkers would absolutley love seeing them rise again!

·
Its a sleepy little town
3,883 Posts
I dont think theyre ugly.

I mean when it comes down to it theyre ugly ass towers (the originals)
But they were awesome none the less.

Rebiuild them pls :D

·
Arsenal4Life
811 Posts
yeh they are not the best looking buildings but they are so New York, and fitted in perfectly with the skyline, i think. I agree with Trump aswell, its better than some empty shell, which when it comes down to it the Freedom Tower is, as only the lower floors are occupied. Either way i cant see anything topping out on this site until at least 2011.

Trump might win this fight, he has a habit of getting his own way.

·
Premium Member
9,529 Posts
I agree with Trump, rebuild them in the same classic style as they were. Not some trendy design now that is going to look crap in 20-30 years.

·
Arsenal4Life
811 Posts
to be honest Malt it wouldnt surpise me if they did have so sort of anti aircraft weapon if they did rebuild the Twin Towers, not that we would ever be told about it.

·
Galactic Ruler
6,857 Posts
I think the originals were better than this new design. The cross bracing and those horizontal bands destroy the design. The originals were so much more elegant even for such a huge and chunky couple of buildings. I'd still rather see them with some more vertical emphasis and more glass.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts