SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Emaar, $1.9bn Tunisian project
United Arab Emirates: Saturday, April 15 - 2006 at 16:29

Emaar Properties today announced its plans to develop the $1.9bn Marina Al Qussor project on Tunisia's east coast. The 442 hectare marina development is located towards the southern end of the Golfe de Hammamet and will offer a mix of living options and tourist attractions with a large marina village at its centre.

·
Prince of Persia
1,928 Posts
well that means that we have to open a Tunisia thread doesnt it :p?

·
Registered
547 Posts
They should solve maniacs-hitting-on women problem first.

Almost all women I know who were there said they wouldn't go again in their wildest dream... Including my sister.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Info about the project

Southern lake area investment convention signed between Tunisia and Emirati real estate holding “Sama-Dubai”
Tunis , May 29, 2007 (TunisiaOnline) --The cost of the development project for the Tunis southern lake area is estimated at 14 billion dollars (about 18,5 billion dinars). The estimated cost was revealed after the signing of an investment convention between the Tunisian government and "Sama-Dubai", the real estate branch of the Dubai holding group, whose promoter is Cheikh Mohamed Al Maktoum, Governor of Dubai and Vice-President of the United Arab Emirates .

The mega project which includes the building of a brand new city of a capacity of about 500,000 people is expected to take place over ten to fifteen years. The new city which aims to house an international business and service centre, will considerably modernize the capital's skyline with the announcement of the building of several skyscrapers including one towering over 100 storeys.

The project is also expected to generate some 130,000 jobs and its contribution to Tunisia 's economy is estimated at 12% of the country's GDP. This will represent a 0,6% increase on the country's annual growth rate.

·
Registered
5 Posts
They should solve maniacs-hitting-on women problem first.

Almost all women I know who were there said they wouldn't go again in their wildest dream... Including my sister.

what the hell are you talking about , You truly are an ignorant

Take a look at this : http://www.afrol.com/features/13250

womens in tunisia have the same rights than mens !!

if you talking about you frineds that came to tunisiea to have fun in bikinis well dude you are in mediterranean country we are hot ;-))

·
Registered
547 Posts
womens in tunisia have the same rights than mens !!
Nice. I never said they don't have.

if you talking about you frineds that came to tunisiea to have fun in bikinis well dude you are in mediterranean country we are hot ;-))
Well, they obviously won't bath in the sea dressed in niqabs.

Those perverts with zero respect for women should be in jails, not cruising and molesting women . How can you expect to develop tourism when your guests aren't safe?

·
Registered
5 Posts
You truly are an ignorants !!!

For your record we don't have any niqab in Tunisia !!

the womens were as many bikinis as your womens and most of the time more sexy since you will never see a fatty Women in a bikni like yours .....

Womens in TUNISIA HAVE THE SAME RIGHT ... so sdrop it with your cliches

WE ARE 10 millions and we have 6.5 millions TOURISTS EACH YEAR .. so don't tlak about developping our tourism ..

You should be ashamed about your stereotypes . think twice next time ...

·
Registered
23 Posts
I actually thought Tunisia was a great place, we went there for investment research and I actually found their interpretation of Islam really relaxed compared to Malaysia/Indon, etc..

And only about 10-20% of the women wear a headscarf. I didn't see 1 wearing the trenchcoat.....

They still have problems like most developing countries but they come across being very proactive. Oh and it's a dictatorship, which in it's own right isnt a bad thing but I would need to be their longer to comment about that.

·
Cape Verde Islands
18 Posts
Nice. I never said they don't have.

Those perverts with zero respect for women should be in jails, not cruising and molesting women . How can you expect to develop tourism when your guests aren't safe?
Don't forget a lot of female tourists love the attention of Tunisian boys. A lot of girls go there with their friends to party and to get this kind of attention. There are also a lot of older women, that go there to spend time with young Tunisian guys, I call them sex tourists.

On the other hand a lot girls don't like this kind of attention, especially if they are on vacation with their boyfriend.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
New Emaar Project
In April 2006, Emaar announced plans to develop the AED 6.7 billion (US$1.88 billion : TND 2.54 billion) Marina Al Qussor project on Tunisia's eastern coast. The 442 hectare Marina development is located within the country of Sousse towards the southern end of the Golfe de Hammamet and will offer a mix of living options and tourist attractions with a large marina village at its centre. Emaar are the developer behind the worlds only 7 star the Berj Al Arab hotel in Duba.

The project is about 7 minutes drive from the Dunes Golf & Spa resort and will be a suberb addition to an already impressive array of facilities close by The Dunes. The development is in line with Tunisia's tourism policy. The country attracted 6.4 million tourists in 2005 and is aiming for tourism revenue of close to US$2 billion in 2006.

The various components of Marina Al Qussor range from residential properties located on the lakeside, beach, marina and quayside; six hotels ranging from luxary boutique to four star, located on the beach and marina; leisure facilities with the marina, yacht club, beach clubs, spa resort, sports clubs, 18-hole golf course, clubhouse, driving range; and retail space located on the marina quayside.

The development offers a series of ever changing environments ranging from natural lakes to golf landscapes and olive groves to the existing El Medfoun forest and sandy beaches. In contrast to these natural landscapes, the central marina village area will offer the ideal backdrop to the hustle and bustle of the resort centre. The village will become the heart of the resort with shops, restaurants and apartments surrounding the 400 berth marina that will support boats of all sizes including large private boats that cruise the Mediterranean.

The architectural character of the development is based on numerous distinctive traditional Tunisian elements from building techniques to styles and materials. Low rise buildings add to the charm of the site allowing unhibited views across the development.

source: http://mayfairdevelopments.com/articles/new-emaar-project.html

1 - 18 of 18 Posts