SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Administrator
30,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I noticed these forums could do with a bit of attention. It seems that the one moderator hasn't been online in quite a while, plus some of the sections aren't really picking up.

Here is what I would like to suggest:
- merge all 3 project forums into one general Tunisian project forum
- merge "Infrastructure & Mobility" and "Heritage & Architecture" into one "Architecture & Infrastructure" forum
- merge "Business & Economy News" and "Café des Délices" into one Café des Délices forum.

From our experience, having a few compact forums is better for forum traffic then a large number of slow forums. A slow forum is defined as a forum which last thread on the first page has a lost post over over a month old.

Also, this section needs a staffer. If the Tunisians could decide on who would be the best person for the job, let me know.

Also, all other ideas are welcome. :)

Cheers,
- Jan

·
17,075 Posts
I'm not tunisian but if it's necessary, I think you should do that. I have seen only few active tunisian members on the forum these last months!

Concerning the mod, I think one of the african mods could do the job until we get some new tunisian members.

·
ye Kebele chairman
4,653 Posts
Man, I dont know what happened to the place. After the revolution...it turned ghost town. :(

Those recommendations look good, though I dont know if there are many members in here to vote on them.

·
29,986 Posts
Hi guys,

I noticed these forums could do with a bit of attention. It seems that the one moderator hasn't been online in quite a while, plus some of the sections aren't really picking up.

Here is what I would like to suggest:
- merge all 3 project forums into one general Tunisian project forum
- merge "Infrastructure & Mobility" and "Heritage & Architecture" into one "Architecture & Infrastructure" forum
- merge "Business & Economy News" and "Café des Délices" into one Café des Délices forum.

From our experience, having a few compact forums is better for forum traffic then a large number of slow forums. A slow forum is defined as a forum which last thread on the first page has a lost post over over a month old.

Also, this section needs a staffer. If the Tunisians could decide on who would be the best person for the job, let me know.

Also, all other ideas are welcome. :)

Cheers,
- Jan
I agree with your suggestion Jan. Although I don't understand why this country even got an own forum since this place seems to be a ghost town. But anyway, I would suggest CasaMor to moderate this section. Although he is Moroccan at least he is from a neighbor country and he has proven commitment on his tasks.

·
Registered
16,094 Posts
I think everything should be bilingual in French and English because Tunisians dont speak English but instead use French and Arabic more.

This would attract traffic in that an average Tunisian would mostly use French or Arabic than English on Google when searching for something. In this case, there would be more possibility of getting more traffic from Google and other search engines if the forum is made bilingual in French and English and maybe a bit of Arabic.

Trust me this is going to work.;)

·
Registered
16,094 Posts
Why can't they just delete this forum?:lol:

There are countries in Africa that don't have their own forums since they do not have active forumers yet we are here trying to find out how we should make this country an exception?

·
Registered
16,094 Posts
They do not necessarily have to delete it but move everything to the general forum.

I dont think people are being mean, we have to deal with the reality that this forum is dead and should not have been here in the first place.

·
Banned
16,927 Posts
This forum used to be quite active when it was first created - it gradually slowed down, but it's dead since the revolution last year.

·
Registered
16,094 Posts
I doubt if those active forumers were even Tunisians or really interested in Tunisia.

Active forumers just dont come and go like that. Look at the new forums like Tanzania, Uganda and Ghana. At least there is always someone active in those forums.

This forum was just created through other dubious means and reasons and everything should be moved to the general forum now that it cant sustain itself as a standalone forum like others.

·
Banned
16,927 Posts
Jamaxx stop trolling. Of course they were Tunisians. There isn't a conspiracy behind everything :| It's a freaking forum.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.