SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
People have been recently talking about a new Saint-Laurent crossing linking Repentigny and Varennes to connect Highway 640 and 30... What's the best, a bridge or a tunnel?!

·
~ Mysterious Entity ~
4,859 Posts
Both. The distance is quite wide, and there are a couple islands that would allow part of the crossing to be bridge while part would be tunnel.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
People have been recently talking about a new Saint-Laurent crossing linking Repentigny and Varennes to connect Highway 640 and 30... What's the best, a bridge or a tunnel?!
May I ask where you heard this? I haven't heard anything regarding a new link between the South-Shore and Repentigny. tell you the truth, I don't see the usefullness of such a link! A new Champlain bridge is much more important seeing as the one we have can't handle the amount of traffic it has!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
People have talked about this for years... :p But I agree with you... A new Champlain bridge which can accomodate rail traffic such as the metro is far more important...

·
~ Mysterious Entity ~
4,859 Posts
you mean like L-H Lafontaine bridge/tunnel? Is it cheaper?
Underwater tunnels are always more expensive than bridges, but having a shorter tunnel section augmented by a bridge would certainly be cheaper than a tunnel for the full width.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts