Skyscraper City Forum banner
2581 - 2600 of 4308 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I'll watch more Juve games this season than I have in the last 10 years because of this stadium. Cannot wait to see what modern football looks like in Italy! The curvas will look and sound outstanding

·
Banned
2,747 Posts
It would be so nice if clubs like Roma, Lazio, Fiorentina, Napoli and others would build stadiums like this one, I think it's going to be the best in Italy for atmosphere and view along with San Siro.

·
Pass16nz
135 Posts
I really hope we buy ELJERO ELIA. He is young, exceptional and yet still can improve. Vargas will not improve this squad he is average and not the youngest of players while Elia is a player who can take on defenders and distribute or score. One thing that gets me annoyed is this whole notion of buying players from within italy, that is a joke. The germans and the english buy players from outside their country all the time and they integrate quite nice so why can't it happen at juve. If you can play football you can play it anywhere (ZIZOU AND CRISTIANO) I don't want to hear that they were exception players because they were brought at average prices 5 million euros and 12 million euros respectively and they both blew up outside their own homeland. SO GET ELJERO ELIA before someone comes in. HE CAN BE OUR NEXT SPECIAL PLAYER

·
Registered
27,958 Posts
Yes, but back to stadium please

·
Registered
81 Posts
I really hope we buy ELJERO ELIA. He is young, exceptional and yet still can improve. Vargas will not improve this squad he is average and not the youngest of players while Elia is a player who can take on defenders and distribute or score. One thing that gets me annoyed is this whole notion of buying players from within italy, that is a joke. The germans and the english buy players from outside their country all the time and they integrate quite nice so why can't it happen at juve. If you can play football you can play it anywhere (ZIZOU AND CRISTIANO) I don't want to hear that they were exception players because they were brought at average prices 5 million euros and 12 million euros respectively and they both blew up outside their own homeland. SO GET ELJERO ELIA before someone comes in. HE CAN BE OUR NEXT SPECIAL PLAYER
:lol: the bench player for Hamburg? inconsistent, no end product, goes missing in games Elia? that guy? If he is Juve's savior then there is no hope

but back to the stadium....any knows if opening game against ManU has been confirmed or was that just a rumor?

·
Registered
28 Posts
:lol: the bench player for Hamburg? inconsistent, no end product, goes missing in games Elia? that guy? If he is Juve's savior then there is no hope

but back to the stadium....any knows if opening game against ManU has been confirmed or was that just a rumor?
I really don't think it'll be Man United. With the EPL kicking off next week I can't see them having the time or the inclination to play yet another friendly and risk injuring key players. Plus it'd be a real shame if the opener was Juventus against a bunch of United fringe players and reserves.

Athletic Bilbao were mentioned a couple of months ago weren't they?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I really don't think it'll be Man United. With the EPL kicking off next week I can't see them having the time or the inclination to play yet another friendly and risk injuring key players. Plus it'd be a real shame if the opener was Juventus against a bunch of United fringe players and reserves.

No team has been confirmed - hell, who knows if the first home game will be Sept.08 with a players strike looming... only in italy lololololololol

·
Registered
52 Posts

My money would be on either Real as an outside bet or for geographical reasons Bayern,

Forza Juve.:banana:

·
Pass16nz
135 Posts

that is exactly why juve doesn't have any youngsters playing in their squad. Forlan didn't fit in at united but did miracles at villareal so you don't have any point. All a player needs is a chance. Vargas is nothing special (he doesn't run at defenders) and to be more specific he is one dimensional, he surely can't improve this squad

·
Registered
5 Posts
that is exactly why juve doesn't have any youngsters playing in their squad. Forlan didn't fit in at united but did miracles at villareal so you don't have any point. All a player needs is a chance. Vargas is nothing special (he doesn't run at defenders) and to be more specific he is one dimensional, he surely can't improve this squad
Exactly!
That's why I believe Juve should sign Eden Hazard. Just look at what Zidane said about him, and how much he praised him. Back in April he told Juve to sign him. I really think he's the player we need. Axelferis will be mad if we get him :p
So, two birds one stone as they say. We get a great player, and we annoy Axelferis :p
Haha ok jokes aside, I really think he'd be the perfect addition.

Back to the stadium, it's really awesome. And personally, for the opening match, I think it HAS to be either Man Utd, or Real. We've had some wonderful matches with them in the past, and it's only fitting to inaugurate our stadium by playing one of the heavyweights. There's Barcelona too, but I can only remember encountering them in 2003, where we won in ET thanks to wonderful strike by Zalayeta.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can some one let me know if i can buy an ticket online for the match against Parma. I am planning to be there for that game. Please let me know if someone has some info's.
The new Stadium looks great i hope juve will have only wins there!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Elia will flop, i don't consider 24 young anymore..
Bastos flopped like crazy last year.. thank god conte didnt want him
juan vargas is a trouble maker thats all he is.. he can get a red card in the opening minutes of a game.. And he is at an age where his pace is going
Hazard would be a good buy, and so would Bale, Nani etc.
we need to keep away from names that are not fully proven on the international stage.. thats why we flopped for the past two seasons.. its that simple. WE NEED A BIG NAME ON THE LEFT!!!!

·
Pass16nz
135 Posts
Elia will flop, i don't consider 24 young anymore..
Bastos flopped like crazy last year.. thank god conte didnt want him
juan vargas is a trouble maker thats all he is.. he can get a red card in the opening minutes of a game.. And he is at an age where his pace is going
Hazard would be a good buy, and so would Bale, Nani etc.
we need to keep away from names that are not fully proven on the international stage.. thats why we flopped for the past two seasons.. its that simple. WE NEED A BIG NAME ON THE LEFT!!!!
taking my feelings out of the situation a young player needs to get play to be in a national team whoever it may be

·
Registered
52 Posts
Agree with Kareem 123. Bastos etc. would disrupt the dressing room at the first opportunity. He and the other 2 are no more than spoilt brats.Nani would be a good buy but he would need regular C.L. Bale {like Gerrard for the past 5 years} has no real ambition}. He talks a good battle but is average. He would not back his talent anywhere outside of England. His Premier League performances were average last year. O.K he did well in a couple of C.L games, but when needed against Real he was invisable. Like many English young players he believes the hype until he comes up against class.
If we don't get hold of a left winger soon I think that Krasic will be so down by Xmas he will be off this time next year,

Forza Juve.:cheers:

2581 - 2600 of 4308 Posts