SkyscraperCity banner

21 - 40 of 4291 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I heard Juventus only sold 21,000 season tickets this season......down from 28,000 last season......why is that so....how come Juve fans don't appreciate the team.....
Do the people in Turin usually support Torino?

"therock" do you have a season ticket?

·
Italian utent
1,706 Posts
Len said:
I heard Juventus only sold 21,000 season tickets this season......down from 28,000 last season......why is that so....how come Juve fans don't appreciate the team.....
Do the people in Turin usually support Torino?

"therock" do you have a season ticket?

I do not know truly what to answer to this question, but however there is still time in order to recover.
In Turin the Juventus fans are more numerous who the Toro fans (10.000 season ticket).

Yeah, i have i season ticket in " curva nord"!!!!! :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Lucky you..... I will one day get a season ticket in one of the Curvas, if I spend a year in Italy....

·
Registered
23 Posts
18,089 at Juventus last night for the first ever fixture against Bayern Munich, and someone thought that 41,000 for the new ground was too small for this club. Don't really understand the situation regarding crowds in Turin but my club got higher crowds than this in the English 4th division.

·
Registered
209 Posts
poller1 said:
Juve sometimes gets crowds of 60-70.000 ;
what are the highest crowds of your English 4th Division Club???
He's probably referring to Hull City, which had an average attendance of 16,847 and a highest attendance of 23,495 last season.

All 92 clubs in the English leagues would probably get a sell out crowd for a competitive game against Bayern Munich. In fact I suspect that the vast majority of them would get a sell out crowd for a friendly against Bayern Munich.

·
Registered
23 Posts
poller1 said:
Juve sometimes gets crowds of 60-70.000 ;
what are the highest crowds of your English 4th Division Club???
My original comment was not supposed to start a slanging match. I am merely interested why Juventus has such poor attendance figures, and why they seem to be getting worse and worse despite the performance of the team. Average in Serie A this year is 26211 with Juventus top of the division.

I also wasn't saying my teams attendances were better than Juve's, they aren't. But Juve's are poor compared to much "smaller" clubs across Italy and Europe. I am merely interested why ..... anyone know any clubs in a similar situation?

and since you asked .....

You are right when you say Juventus "sometimes" get crowds of 60-70000, but it hasn't happened once in Serie A since 2001/2.

In which case Hull city "sometimes" get crowds of 50-60000 like they did vs Manchester United on 26/02/1949 when 55019 poeple watched the game at Boothferry park. ;)

·
Registered
950 Posts
Philip Cronin said:
He's probably referring to Hull City, which had an average attendance of 16,847 and a highest attendance of 23,495 last season.

All 92 clubs in the English leagues would probably get a sell out crowd for a competitive game against Bayern Munich. In fact I suspect that the vast majority of them would get a sell out crowd for a friendly against Bayern Munich.

Surprisingly enough, in terms of total crowds, Both the Premiership (13.5M) and The Championship (8.8M) (the division formerly known as Division One and perviously known as Division Two) got higher crowds than Serie A last season.

·
'taliam ciapà col sciòp
946 Posts
Turin is always an "hard" city about sport audience/attendances, even if we talk about soccer, basketball, volley or ice-hockey.

21 - 40 of 4291 Posts