25,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
TURIN

MILAN

More to come...

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Very good photography as usual Kampflamm.

About the long exposure shots. Do you travel with a tripod, or? How compact is it? Also the daylight long exposure shot, do you have some sort of filter for that?

Beautiful cities too. :)

·
Endorsed by the NRA
SSC User of the Year 1987
25,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I sometimes use a tripod...although I hate carrying it around so many long exposure shots were just taken with the camera being put up against a wall.

For the long daylight shots I just closed the aperture to f22. I suppose you could also get one of those ND filters for that but then you'd have to change filters all the time. :(

TURIN

Right here I just placed the camera up against my shoe... :D

And here I put it up against one of the columns:

MILAN

·
Endorsed by the NRA
25,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nope, a flight from Düsseldorf to Turin (almost as busy as Luxembourg Airport)...and yes, this was my first crossing of the Alps.

More from Turin:

·
Endorsed by the NRA
25,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Milan

·
Torino è elettronica!!
29,253 Posts
^^ very nice shots Kampflamm :eek:kay:

i'm curious, since you have visited 2 cities whick "dislike" each other :D, which one did you prefer?

about the turin airport: unfortunately it is not worthy of the economic (and recently also tourist) importance of my city.

p.s.: the true capital of nutella is the town of Alba, 60 km far from turin, mainly famous for truffles.
however turin is recognized also as an important gastronomic centre, especially after the ouverture of Eataly (the biggeest high quality wine and food market in the world) beside the Lingotto.

·
Registered
15,489 Posts
Lulz @ "capital of Nutella v capital of fashion". I was expecting a flame war of some sort about that. :colgate:

Great shots BTW!

·
File Not Found
1,286 Posts
which one did you like more?:angel1:

·
Kunst um der Kunst willen
5,712 Posts

·
Endorsed by the NRA
25,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
i'm curious, since you have visited 2 cities whick "dislike" each other :D, which one did you prefer?
Difficult to say...Milan almost looked "Viennese" to me (at least some of the buildings had that k.u.k.-19th century grandeur). Overall I preferred Turin though. Great location (the riverside, the hills, the architecture) and not as much post-war architecture, which I can always "admire" here in Germany. :D

More shots from Turin:

Reactions: normy89

·
Endorsed by the NRA
25,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Let's just say they're both far better than most if not all German cities. :shifty:

·
Bike It!
22,248 Posts
Wow again Kampflamm. It's always a delight to watch your photo's.
Great work and great city! :eek:kay:

1 - 20 of 234 Posts