SkyscraperCity banner

41 - 60 of 202 Posts

·
Banned
1,775 Posts
they should donate all the money for this to Utah to give them improvements to their stadium since they are a program that wants to win more then this one. the money would not be wasted.

:cheers:

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
they should donate all the money for this to Utah to give them improvements to their stadium since they are a program that wants to win more then this one. the money would not be wasted.

:cheers:
I dunno, Utah's expansion of Rice-Eccles probably wouldn't cost nearly as much as this one.

I'm pretty sure Bama is committed to winning--they reeled in the top recruiting class in the nation today according to Rivals.com. The 2008 season came to a disappointing end, but it certainly sent a message to the rest of the SEC, and the country, that Bama is back.

·
9,827 Posts
The 2008 season came to a disappointing end, but it certainly sent a message to the rest of the SEC, and the country, that Bama is back.
Hmmm. Bama football improves and the country goes into recession. Coincidence? I think not! :banana: :lol:

Seriously, for as much as I loathe the Univ. (sic) of Alabama this is a great stadium.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
http://blog.al.com/bamabeat/2009/02/board_of_trustees_formally_app.html
UA System Board of Trustees formally approves Bryant-Denny expansion
Posted by Gentry Estes, Mobile Press-Register February 06, 2009 12:56 PM
Categories: Football
UA passed the final hurdle today in its planned expansion of Bryant-Denny Stadium's south end zone.

As expected, The Board of Trustees for the UA System voted this afternoon to approve the $80.6 million project. Construction will now start this spring, with work scheduled to be completed in time for Alabama's 2010 football season.

UA's proposal received committee approval yesterday and got the thumbs-up from the entire Board during today's meetings in Birmingham.

The project will bring Bryant-Denny Stadium's seating capacity to more than 101,000 people, making it the nation's fifth-largest college football stadium behind Penn State (107,282), Michigan (106,201), Ohio State (102,329) and Tennessee (102,037).

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
i could bring that down real quick. why are they taking their time?
They started taking it down this morning, and were supposed to be finished by this afternoon. They wanted to save the important parts (video screen, PA speakers, and actual clock) so that some smaller schools could use them. (the screen was already out of the structure when it caught fire.)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Wow, I'm surprised that they're not excavating more. I remember for DKR's north endzone expansion, they dug down 25-50ft before starting with the rebar and concrete pours.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
I don't know exactly how much they're excavating, but I know they've spent a lot of time on the ground work. They've had Bryant Drive closed since December, so I'd imagine they have already done a good amount.

As for how fast they are working, I know the seating area is supposed to be ready in time for the start of the 2010 season, at least by the Penn State game in 2010. If it takes the same amount of time as the opposite endzone expansion, they'll easily be ready by that deadline. This one also doesn't have all of the landscaping work that the other endzone had.

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
Wow, I'm surprised that they're not excavating more. I remember for DKR's north endzone expansion, they dug down 25-50ft before starting with the rebar and concrete pours.
There are 3-4 underground gyms in the DKR north endzone. I imagine the south endzone will be more like this.

41 - 60 of 202 Posts