SkyscraperCity banner

61 - 80 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
There is a strange sense of satisfaction to see some of these college stadiums 'finished'. Another heading over the 100,000 mark - good job.

·
MillerTime
228 Posts
Not a bad stadium. Looks good when its full of fans. Looks a bit run down when its empty. You've gotta love the capacity with the new addition. Normally i like having one end open on big football stadiums like this, but since there isnt really anything to show off, such as a skyline, i dont mind the addition.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Not a bad stadium. Looks good when its full of fans. Looks a bit run down when its empty. You've gotta love the capacity with the new addition. Normally i like having one end open on big football stadiums like this, but since there isnt really anything to show off, such as a skyline, i dont mind the addition.
Yeah, I don't think people fancy seeing a graveyard every time they look up. haha. As for the run down look, it might be because it is mostly bleachers, and every now and then, they will replace a section of bleachers in the stadium as they get older. Some parts are also more sun exposed because of the ability for season ticket holders to rent seatback cushions and leave them bolted to and on top of the benches throughout the season.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #69 (Edited)
Here's some pictures I took this past weekend.

The North Side.

The South Side where the construction is. The building is just now starting to rise above the lower level of the stadium.

And just for show, a shot from inside the stadium in the Southwest corner.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
'Bama looking like the real deal this year!

And to think, Ingram and Richardson will be in the same backfield for two more seasons...

·
Unregistered User
2,539 Posts
Bama wont beat Florida or Texas
Thats debatable. Alabama is probably better than both of them, not to mention ranked higher in the AP. (the only one that should really matter.) With more convincing wins against higher ranked teams, look for Alabama to be the national champion come January.

·
I double dog dare you!!!
707 Posts
will be a nice looking stadium! along with DKR stadium of course :lol::lol:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was at the Alabama-LSU game this past weekend and the stadium is looking great. Can't wait till the constuction is complete.

I know that capacity will be over 100K ... has an official number been announced?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
I was at the Alabama-LSU game this past weekend and the stadium is looking great. Can't wait till the constuction is complete.

I know that capacity will be over 100K ... has an official number been announced?
Not yet, but it will be definitely be over 101,000. I think part of it will be determined by how many additional student tickets will be sold, since the student section is predominately general admission and not a dependent on seat numbers...

61 - 80 of 202 Posts