SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another great person died today this morning in his Tampa Bay home found by his wife.Autopsy shoud shed some light on how he died.I actuay liked his commercials and watched the show on Discovery Channel.Coincidence he died at 50 like MJ.This June is full of surprises.

·
Oh Hey!
7,177 Posts
Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, Michael Jackson, and now Billy Mays? Why is someone killing Hollywood???

·
Registered
275 Posts
Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, Michael Jackson, and now Billy Mays? Why is someone killing Hollywood???
Mays was on the US Airways flight from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, to Tampa on Saturday that had a hard landing at Tampa International Airport when the plane's front tire blew out. There were no reported injuries on Flight 1241, US Airways told CNN.

According to a local Tampa TV station, Mays said: "All of a sudden as we hit you know it was just the hardest hit, all the things from the ceiling started dropping. It hit me on the head, but I got a hard head."

I wonder if this had anything to do with his death?
CNN said He has not 'felt well' since the flight.

·
Banned
3,888 Posts
According to a local Tampa TV station, Mays said: "All of a sudden as we hit you know it was just the hardest hit, all the things from the ceiling started dropping. It hit me on the head, but I got a hard head."
Sounds like a concussion to me.
What a sad way to go...
At the top of his career, and a freak accident like this happens.
I will no longer be Billy Mays for Halloween this year out of respect for the deceased.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I will no longer be Billy Mays for Halloween this year out of respect for the deceased.
Are you trying to be funny, or were you legitimately planning on being Billy Mays for Halloween? I think that's an excellent costume idea! If anything, you should be Mays for Halloween to celebrate the man's life... kind of like the Joker outfit celebrating Heath Ledger.

·
One Brickell CityCentre
13,120 Posts
It would appear that being past the half-century mark is quite an achievement these days. Glad I've already done that! I like dressing up as a cop for Halloween. I almost became a Beach cop!

·
Banned
3,888 Posts
Are you trying to be funny, or were you legitimately planning on being Billy Mays for Halloween? I think that's an excellent costume idea! If anything, you should be Mays for Halloween to celebrate the man's life... kind of like the Joker outfit celebrating Heath Ledger.
Yeah...I was serious, yesterday. Now, it would be in poor taste.

·
One Brickell CityCentre
13,120 Posts
This June is full of surprises.
It certainly was for me. My mother died Saturday before last, and her memorial service was just this Saturday.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I am sorry to hear about your mother Quantum,they are very special in our lives ,very compassionate, loving and caring individuals. Time and our faith in God heals all things.

·
Registered
269 Posts
couple years back my father inlaw died around the same time the pope did
i use to joke saying he rode the pope train to heaven...

now imagine being on the billy maze train with (a sex icon, the king of pop, and the king of products) interesting bunch riding on that train

·
One Brickell CityCentre
13,120 Posts
I am sorry to hear about your mother Quantum,they are very special in our lives ,very compassionate, loving and caring individuals. Time and our faith in God heals all things.
Thanks, Noland! It was expected and a fact of life for us all if you're lucky enough to outlive your parents. It's just that my mother was far from perfect, and there was a lot I had to work through with her before she died, so I don't feel terribly sad, just emotionally exhausted, but I'm glad I was able to come to terms with a lot of emotional baggage with her.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
R.I.P Billy :'(

Reactions: ChuckScraperMiami#1
1 - 18 of 18 Posts