SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has always been a fun topic to me. How far away have you, personally, seen the skylines of the Twin Cities?

I, personally have seen the IDS Center from State Highway 95 about 6 miles south of I-94 last summer. That was about 22 miles away from downtown Minneapolis. Pretty cool!

·
Banned
2,164 Posts
As a kid, I used to (very foolishly) climb an old 100-foot spruce tree in the woods next to my parents' house in Ramsey. I could see the Minneapolis skyline from the top. That's about 24 or so miles.

·
Banned
2,164 Posts
I know that view of downtown well in Burnsville; there's another great view from County Rd. 11 just north of Burnsville Parkway, and then of course from I-35W. Almost creates the illusion that you're in low mountains.

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
I'm trying to figure out where the pic was taken. Is that the Bloomington Ferry Bridge (169)?
It's the Mendota Bridge. You can see the VA Hospital in the upper left corner. I go across the Mendota Bridge most days and love seeing the Minneapolis skyline and then with a slight turn of my head I can see the St. Paul skyline. Maybe this summer I'll park and walk out and take pictures.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts