SkyscraperCity banner

201 - 220 of 1482 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
I like nakumatt cz of its variety..bt I have bn to Carrefour chain of supermarkets n trust me this will be a game changer in kenyan shopping.this is gd competition tht we need.personally,i love our home grown supermarkets Bt they r just too mediocre.the likes of Uchumi.lacking variety n popular brands.i was also surprised to see SM Uchumi outlets selling Huggies diapers in singles..tht would b understandable Fr a kawaida kiosk.bt i think getn to tht level is lowering their standards too much.i dnt understand HW someone would go all th way to th supermarket n make a line just to buy1 or 2 or 3 diapers Fr roughly 35shs each. so I think tht uchumi is breakin down some of their products to make more profits frm a box of items.that leads me to one conclusion. Uchumi is broke n they cnt sell most items in bulk or supply us in many varieties..suppliers hv bailed on them Fr non payment.all in all,they still gat tym to step up their game.best thing is,th customers r always th beneficiaries when theres competition.to all th mediocre supermarkets...tik tok

·
"Structures don't lie" on
744 Posts
I like nakumatt cz of its variety..bt I have bn to Carrefour chain of supermarkets n trust me this will be a game changer in kenyan shopping.this is gd competition tht we need.personally,i love our home grown supermarkets Bt they r just too mediocre.the likes of Uchumi.lacking variety n popular brands.i was also surprised to see SM Uchumi outlets selling Huggies diapers in singles..tht would b understandable Fr a kawaida kiosk.bt i think getn to tht level is lowering their standards too much.i dnt understand HW someone would go all th way to th supermarket n make a line just to buy1 or 2 or 3 diapers Fr roughly 35shs each. so I think tht uchumi is breakin down some of their products to make more profits frm a box of items.that leads me to one conclusion. Uchumi is broke n they cnt sell most items in bulk or supply us in many varieties..suppliers hv bailed on them Fr non payment.all in all,they still gat tym to step up their game.best thing is,th customers r always th beneficiaries when theres competition.to all th mediocre supermarkets...tik tok
I completely agree, Uchumi needs new blood in its management, they are no longer in receivership, thepenny pinching has to stop

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
This place doesn't look that big from the picture as has been said here before and as I thought. There are big malls and and I can say Kenya just isn't there just yet.

·
Banned
2,341 Posts
This place doesn't look that big from the picture as has been said here before and as I thought. There are big malls and and I can say Kenya just isn't there just yet.
I thought so too,but look at the size of the cars/trucks in the Ariel shot and you will realize its huge.

·
ici maintenant & toujours
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #218
This place is massive compared to our existing malls in Kenya, maybe not compared to other malls elsewhere. I would take it as it is any day. 100 acres for this property is no mean feat, and the area is also pristine too.

·
Registered
207 Posts
i think now we have enough malls in nairobi already so they should focuss on doing towers in upperhill and westlands.
Fortunately, these investments cost millions of dollars and are driven by demand and real economic returns and not the ramblings on a forum.

Why don't you put up towers in upperhill.

201 - 220 of 1482 Posts