SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aside from my Panasonic Lumix FZ20, I have now at home a brand new Konica Minolta Dimage Z20 my friends & I bought for a bloke who is getting married :)

Yeeeehaw!!

Pics taken with my old but trustworthy Fujifilm 2600 Zoom ^^

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Minolta is not that bulky, but my FZ20 definitely is :colgate: Anyway now I've started to think that small, slim cameras look like toys :D

·
oemoemenemoe
1,496 Posts
Lol, I agree. But they can serve their purpose, as fun cams, or when you go out partying or something and you want to take snapshots, then I wouldn't want to take a big cam with me.

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree :) If I had money to waste, I'd buy a Pentax Optio to take it everywhere :)

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We bought this Minolta 'cause the guy saw it at a shop and liked the weird look. I've read some reviews and seems to be an ok camera, I'll post pictures tonight. It is also ok priced for its features (8x optical zoom, 5 mpx)

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mmmmm nop, it has no IS or at least I haven't read any about it so far.

Btw, is it advisable to install the Minolta's software in my PC without removing the existing Panasonic's??

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It is plastic :p

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Vapour said:
We bought this Minolta 'cause the guy saw it at a shop and liked the weird look. I've read some reviews and seems to be an ok camera, I'll post pictures tonight. It is also ok priced for its features (8x optical zoom, 5 mpx)
@Vapour: What ever happened to that crazy tradition of not opening your friends presents and then using the camera and posting pics from it? :) :)

By the way, regarding the loading of another cameras software while you still have another camera's software on your computer, I haven't found it to be a big deal. I have my older Canon S200 software on my computer and am now using the DMC-FZ20's software to download pics and there doesn't seem to be a problem. You may have to download a different driver if the USB is different from one camera to the other.

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
^Uh that tradition... I bought the camera on the internet, so I need to check everything is ok, don't you think so? ;)
I hope the Minolta's software gets along with the FZ20's, I'll install it now. Wish me good luck :)

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
@Nick, that's right :D

@Tony, I just noticed I can get access to the Minolta without the soft, how can I be so dumb :D

The Panasonic more than doubles the price of the Minolta; the pictures below show why (both cameras in 100% auto mode, original size 2560, fine quality, jpg. I used a tripod)

Panasonic

Minolta

Detail:

Panasonic

Minolta

Hey I'm feeling like those guys at Steve's digicams :rofl:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts