SkyscraperCity banner

341 - 351 of 351 Posts

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
You know, i'd rather they tried and failed to do something with a bit of heart.

This is basically profiteering with no consideration whatsoever given to the public realm or the fact its part of a nationally significant vista.

Getting it wrong is better than being lazy and not even trying.

·
Registered
20,501 Posts
Opto Student, student units over seven to eight storeys, remaining plot at the former Tyne Tees Television Studio site, City Rd, Newcastle - pictures 08/10/19 Part 1 of 3

Further pictures by myself from Tuesday 08/10/19 in period approx 1045 -1115 showing views of works carried out on Opto Student block, on remaining plot at the former Tyne Tees Television Studios, City Rd, Newcastle, showing what now now appears to be almost completed scheme, assume open for Autumn 2019 intake of students

Also includes views of other developments on former Tyne Tees Television Studios site and fronting City Rd, including Aerial House

Rear elevation as viewed from Howard St

Views from City Rd

Images hosted on Post Image site

More on following post

KEN

·
Registered
20,501 Posts
Opto Student, student units over seven to eight storeys, remaining plot at the former Tyne Tees Television Studio site, City Rd, Newcastle - pictures 08/10/19 Part 2 of 3

Part 2 of 3

Further pictures by myself from Tuesday 08/10/19 in period approx 1045 -1115 showing further views of works carried out on Opto Student block, on remaining plot at the former Tyne Tees Television Studios, City Rd, Newcastle, showing what now now appears to be almost completed scheme, assume open for Autumn 2019 intake of students

More on following post

KEN

·
Registered
20,501 Posts
Opto Student, student units over seven to eight storeys, remaining plot at the former Tyne Tees Television Studio site, City Rd, Newcastle - pictures 08/10/19 Part 3 of 3

Part 3 of 3

Further pictures by myself from Tuesday 08/10/19 in period approx 1045 -1115 showing further views of works carried out on Opto Student block, on remaining plot at the former Tyne Tees Television Studios, City Rd, Newcastle, showing what now now appears to be almost completed scheme, assume open for Autumn 2019 intake of students

Views from Gateshead Millennium Bridge and Gateshead side of River Tyne

KEN

·
Registered
20,501 Posts
"Tyne Tees City Road Studios Demolition - 1" You Tube video from early 2010

Now that work on the Tyne Tees Television studios site, City Rd, Newcastle is just about complete

You Tube video "Tyne Tees City Road Studios Demolition - 1" uploaded by SozLike on 23 January 2010 gives views of what used to be there then at early stage of demolition

The car park's already down. The Tube and our beloved (15 years ago Egypt Cottage is still intact.
I reckon City Road could do with another hotel though.

Full link, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=go5NmLirGaI

Another 6 videos of demolition process uploaded by SozLike and more uploaded by Pontop Pike

Input "Tyne tees television studios, City Road" into You Tube search box

KEN

·
Registered
20,501 Posts
Opto Student, student units over seven to eight storeys, remaining plot at the former Tyne Tees Television Studio site, City Rd, Newcastle - pictures 30/01/20

Further pictures by myself from Thursday 30/01/20 in period approx 1045 showing further views from City Rd of works carried out on Opto Student block, on remaining plot at the former Tyne Tees Television Studios, City Rd, Newcastle, showing what now completed scheme, open for Autumn 2019 intake of students

KEN

·
Registered
20,501 Posts
Opto Student, student units over seven to eight storeys, last plot at the former Tyne Tees Television Studio site, City Rd, Newcastle - pictures 25/07/20

Further pictures by myself from Saturday 25/07/20 approx 1100 showing views of rear elevation of Opto Student block, on last plot at the former Tyne Tees Television Studios, City Rd, Newcastle as viewed from Howard St

KEN

341 - 351 of 351 Posts