Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Lagoon Bahrain is a commercial development at the heart of Amwaj Island comprising over 55,000 square meters of commercial space that will be available on a freehold basis.

The development lies at the heart of the new community on Amwaj Island supporting both the local population and attracting visitors from Bahrain and the wider G.C.C.

http://www.thelagoonbahrain.com/

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The Lagoon appoints property manager

MANAMA: The Lagoon has appointed Cluttons Bahrain to be its property manager under a two-year contract.

The Lagoon, which is part of Abu Dhabi Investment House's (ADIH) real estate portfolio, is a commercial development that houses 59 commercial outlets, consisting of over 55,000 sq/m of commercial space available on a freehold basis.

Regional retail giants that have already purchased their units at the Lagoon include Kuwaiti strategic partner Al Shaye'a Group and Al Rashed Group. In addition, Planet Hollywood, Starbucks Coffee, Kababji, Yum Yum Tree, Pizza Express, Gaucho Grill, Le Pain Quotidian, Sarai, Sultan Center, Yateem Optician, Asghar Ali and Syed Junaid, amongst others, will also have outlets at the development.

The $90 million development, which is located at the heart of Amwaj Islands, started handing over its units to their tenants in October last year, and completed the second and third handover phases at the end of the year.

Cluttons Bahrain was chosen as the property manager for the Lagoon based on the company's long-established experience and knowledge of the local market. The company conducts services ranging from property valuations and feasibility studies at project conception stage to marketing, letting and management of completed projects, property mortgage valuation and sales services.

"The Lagoon has witnessed record-speed progress over the past few months and we are very pleased to have committed our units to international brand names that offer high-end consumer options," said Lagoon chairman Saud Hassan Al Nusuf.

"Cluttons' appointment is a critical step in our development. The selection reflects their practical experience in projects of a similar nature to the Lagoon, as well as their demonstrated commitment to Bahrain and the region."

"The Lagoon exemplifies the high-quality property developments that are being established in the region to meet the evolving tastes and expectations of consumers," said Cluttons partner Richard Botham.

"Cluttons will apply its high levels of expertise and professionalism to ensure that owners and visitors to the Lagoon will enjoy an unparalleled experience that portrays the quality of the property."

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ADIH seals deal with FLB for Kingdom’s first floating restaurant

Abu Dhabi Investment House’s Lagoon Real Estate Development announced the signing of a facility agreement with First Leasing Bank (FLB) to finance Bahrain’s first floating restaurant with the total cost of $4 million. A signing ceremony was conducted yesterday at ADIH’s premises in Bahrain. Present at the ceremony were Saud Hassan Al Nusuf, chairman, the Lagoon; Gregory T. Brinkerhoff, FLB chief executive officer; Jassim Awadh, bank director of business development, and other officials from both organisations.
The Lagoon chairman said: “The floating restaurant at the Lagoon is the first of its kind in Bahrain and will be a really big attraction for Bahrainis and tourists alike.” The FLB CEO said, “This strategic partnership is important to provide a very attractive landmark to people who live in and visit Bahrain.
“We are expecting high leasing revenues from the project as FLB aims to lease it to a major international restaurant management company.” The Lagoon fund, originally created to fund the $90 million commercial-retail project located at Amwaj Islands, a 2.75-million-square-metre land reclamation project, exited its investors with a return-on-investment (ROI) of 30 per cent, more than the originally projected 27.5 per cent ROI.
The master plan for the Lagoon project itself draws reference from other internationally acclaimed destinations such as London’s Convent Garden and Sydney’s Cockle Bay Wharf. Offering retail and restaurants outlets to consumers and visitors, the commercial development is comprised of eight low-rise blocks facing the seafront with ample covered parking at the rear and a kilometre-long walkway stretching the perimeter of the Lagoon.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Where will Al Osra and Al Jaseera supermarkets be situated than? I hope Al Osra can move to a more permanent location...

anybody any news about that?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Amwaj-update on supermarket

Hello Dorian...I dont know if you've noticed those advertisements for "JAWAD Supermarket 24 hr" on the highway to amwaj, but they were put up about a week ago. I went to check out the mini supermarket at the Nuetel building, and the man inside informed my husband and I that the bigger Jawad Supermarket will be opening in a month. I dont know where exactly on the island, but im sure not far from the current mini jawad. Hope this helps. Take care!

·
Registered
105 Posts
the bigger Jawad Supermarket will be opening in a month.
Hi, ok good news indeed! But I hope their will also be a supermarket providing non-halal food ;) Not that I am desperate on non-halal but still... LOL. I like to make my braai a bit more international now and than :p

The "Sultan Center" will open on lagoon. If this is the same store as the one in Kuwait, than we will have a nice supermarket with fresh prepared meals available on Amwaj too :)

Fred

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi, ok good news indeed! But I hope their will also be a supermarket providing non-halal food ;) Not that I am desperate on non-halal but still... LOL. I like to make my braai a bit more international now and than :p

The "Sultan Center" will open on lagoon. If this is the same store as the one in Kuwait, than we will have a nice supermarket with fresh prepared meals available on Amwaj too :)

Fred
I suspect Jawad will open in the Lagoon, and Jawad does sell non halal food.

·
2,424 Posts
I suspect Jawad will open in the Lagoon, and Jawad does sell non halal food.
I'm not soo sure they do.. Maybe they have a small selection.. But i think Jawad stopped selling pork and ham some years ago... The only non-hallal is some beef susages i think that were not slaughtered in a 'hallal' way.. i think that's it...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts