SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread is for the thirty year old farts and older members. If your 29 then ok you can join too, no disrespect to anyone younger but this is something for the old heads. Thirty year olds Please continue Positive Urban Discussions. Mods if this is wrong then please delete. :)

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Well, I'm 38, but, I hardly live and feel like an old fart! :lol: I still drive around with the top down, a bandana on my head, have a tan, put the flip flops on, dance music on the radio, and head to the beach or whereever I'm going. When I see what the other "old farts," contribute, I'll respond!!

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
lol. maybe he's talking total BS. That kid isn't 39, hell that kid probably isn't even half of 39 (to help you with that jbob, that would be 19 1/2). Sounds younger than me for sure... probably 15 max.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Nearly 35 (in a few weeks) here, but what's the problem? Go to SSP or (if you know what you're talking about) to Cyburbia if you want more mature conversations. Otherwise, SSC can be fun if you don't take any of this seriously - UP is great to catch up on where the newest McDonalds is being built.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
I'm 29. When I turn 30 in September, I will stop offending people on this site, until then though, everything is fair game.

Wait a second, who am I kidding, it's impossible to have an opinion, or point out facts without offending someone on this site..........which is why I don't worry about it. :)

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Jeff_in_Dayton said:
Cyburbia is for professional urban planners.
It's not exclusively for people in a planning occupation - you are are not required to enter your APA security ID when entering. Obviously it helps to know what you're talking about, which is why I only have a few hundred posts there.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Sean in New Orleans said:
Well, I'm 38, but, I hardly live and feel like an old fart! :lol: I still drive around with the top down, a bandana on my head, have a tan, put the flip flops on, dance music on the radio, and head to the beach or whereever I'm going. When I see what the other "old farts," contribute, I'll respond!!
Your 38 now. WooHoo!!!! :cheers:

·
Registered
181 Posts
1) Denny's doesn't start their early bird dinner specials till 4pm....so the misses and I have to deal with young people getting off their work and talking all loud on their cell phones and blackberries (sp?) at the end of what should be a relaxing meal.

2) My neighbors get mad at me when I mow my lawn at 6am on a Saturday. What the hell? It's hot during the day. Do you want me to get a tan?

3) All these young people rushing around on the streets downtown. Slow the hell down and enjoy your miserable lives before you get old!

4) Light rail stations need escalators.

5) Our nation's dependence on foriegn medicated analgesic rub. Do you know how much a tube of BenGay costs??????????

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
JBOB said:
For all of you old heads, what did you like about the 1970's and 80's?
Hmm....I didn't have to pay bills, nintendo, knight rider, macgyver, a-team, dukes of hazzard, MTV played videos, and fishing everyday in the summer.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts