SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 225 Posts

·
23,969 Posts
I love it. Particularly the 'floating' nature of the building and the chance for a rooftop restaurant/hotel.

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^^ Wrong type of hotel. They mean hotel as in pub rather than short stay accommodation. The building is designed as predominantly office space, but the top two levels could be either office space or rooftop bar – it hasn't yet been decided. I really, REALLY hope for the latter.

·
Registered
19 Posts
6,000sq.m of office space in the Golden Triangle hardly seems worth it. When BHP move to 480 Queen in the next year or so there would be a lot of vacant space in Riparian.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
I like that little annex :(

Reactions: McWhirters

·
Registered
794 Posts
Brilliant filler. I'm more than happy for quality fillers like this if we can't get height. Love the street activisation, and the facade reminds me of some of the stuff being done in Scandinavia.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts

·
5,031 Posts
6,000sq.m of office space in the Golden Triangle hardly seems worth it. When BHP move to 480 Queen in the next year or so there would be a lot of vacant space in Riparian.
I'm sure it's worth it to the landlord: 6000sqm x $600/sqm = $3.6m p.a. in rent.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Provided they get tenants..

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Looks like next door (283 Elizabeth street) aren't happy with the proposal, especially in regards to the tenants in common laneway.

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
^^ That certainly is a looooong list of concerns, and some of them do appear to have merit. That said, I hope they can be worked through.

1 - 20 of 225 Posts