SkyscraperCity banner

221 - 240 of 275 Posts

·
Registered
Tall building enthusiast
647 Posts
The actual website ironically still has the full-height images up, what a shame. Brisbane's new centrepiece. Leasing opportunities available

I think I prefer the newer version of the Queen St frontage though. Kinda funny how many new buildings will look like 111 Eagle in a few years. Jubilee Place does, 19 Eagle Terrace is similar too, now this one.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Nothing lodged to amend the DA with council yet.

I wonder if the new design will still have a supermarket.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Apologies I was reading on the go. I only checked PD online this afternoon and nothing was up at the time.

What a shame the building has changed so much in height, although the lobby still looks nice.

·
262 Posts
I think they have refined the design quite nicely. Obviously has gone through the design development phase. Everything seems purposeful, the lobby and ground plane look much better. The only shame is the height, there is just too much office space going up to justify it unfortunately.

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
I will be interested to see how the view across the river actually looks when finished, because I think the render has undercut the building's height a bit. The building is 154m (RL160 to the highest point), slightly taller than Riverside Centre's 146m, with a roughly equivalent ground level. Even with the perspective, I have a feeling it might actually look a bit taller than it does in this render.

It's not going to make up for the severe haircut it's been given of course, but every little bit helps!

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
While it's obviously disappointing, I wouldn't write is off straight away. It's still going to be one of the tallest buildings in its immediate vicinity (beaten only by Central Plaza 1 and Aurora - 360 is basically in the middle of each), will be highly visible on the skyline at least until 145 Eagle Street is redeveloped, and should prove a catalyst for rejuvenating that stretch of Queen Street which - let's face it - badly needs it!

Height-wise, it's equivalent in height to Heritage Lanes, and in the same ballpark as the stalled Regent Towers and 62 Mary Street, which leads me to think this is not the only commercial building we'll see at this kind of height.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Look like they’re may be another site ... next door or either way plan more likely even taller than this... they may be want second building for 60 storeys for office.... my friend heard this “360 Queen Street doing go up and another one like 60 floors or somethin? Just next door or either way I think”

·
23,969 Posts
Not 2 Wharf Street and 398 Queen Street?

That would be a pretty significant site.

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
^^ You mean 400 (Firstmac Centre) and 410 Queen Street (RACGP)? That would probably be large enough site to do something tall-ish if you could consolidate the properties. Throw in 388 Queen Street as well for a bit more site area.

·
23,969 Posts
Ha ha. Using Google Maps for the street numbers, but yes.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
It's confirmed my friend did talk with person said "Well we have work out, this old white next door big enough but may be start construction in 7 years i think?, because big Dexus doing over there doing first, huh? we may be seem 260 metres 60 storeys in 2031 if we start on 2027"

Look like we may titles say "Proposed 60 storeys next door" however there may be chat for while no plan any at all.

221 - 240 of 275 Posts