SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 1496 Posts

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
I'm kinda changing my mind on this one. From not wanting it there to liking it somewhat.

Whilst I think it will definitely hide too much of 480 Queen from the south (it might not) I think it will (as somebody suggested) complement Custom's house from street level.

Even though it's a bit close to the water for my liking, it will certainly add to the density of that region from certain angles.......looking down Queen Street and I would think looking up Queen Street with Spire on the right and 443 on the left. Also, from the south and Kangaroo Point.

I also don't really mind the building itself either.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Don't like it. Not good enough for the loss of sight lines or the prominent location it has. :eek:hno:

However, if your worried about 480 Queen gerryt1 Groncon should of built trilogy or made their design taller. :yes:

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Would some kind photo shop geek please humour me and slot in a view of this building looking from Kangaroo Point cliffs area?

·
Chip on my shoulder (BBQ)
3,135 Posts
ugly .... and it sits right on top of the beautiful Customs House.

I would rather not have it.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Don't like it. Not good enough for the loss of sight lines or the prominent location it has. :eek:hno:

However, if your worried about 480 Queen gerryt1 Groncon should of built trilogy or made their design taller. :yes:
Have you not heard that mention of that building starting with T is banned on this forum? My deepest sympathy, because I've heard that gremlins with pitch forks ablaze will come and eat your face.

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
It may be in the wrong place but no it's wow, wow, wow yes please build asap if not there than somewhere else. Just my view, thanks Peter J for the head's up on this.

·
Anytime is house time!
777 Posts
Ha, whinging about loss of sight. I wont be unhappy about 444 Queen being obscured.

It looks good to me, the floorplan is creative.

·
it's just a ride
286 Posts
it simply doesn't suit the location. don't forget this will never get built out. if it gets up then it's prominent by default and it's here to stay for a very long time.

I'd welcome this building with open arms on some other sites (especially outside the CBD) but not here. I've NEVER thought this before but I actually hope this doesn't get built.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Ha, whinging about loss of sight. I wont be unhappy about 444 Queen being obscured.

It looks good to me, the floorplan is creative.
The floor plan is crap, lots of 1,2 and 4 bedder apartments with tiny living areas. I don't understand this need for smaller living areas for more bedrooms, its not living its just dormitory. This building is too unimaginative for a prime site and is more worthy of the back streets of the Gold Coast.

1 - 20 of 1496 Posts