SkyscraperCity banner

1421 - 1440 of 1499 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
So this is new. Woke up this morning and saw they had placed the blue mesh on one side of the recreational deck. I spoke to one of the builders and he said that they have started on the flooring and fixtures and fittings. There's also talk that it should be done by end of next year too. Hopefully we can make it in well before Christmas :)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
That is such a good point... clear windows are such a bad idea as they show people's curtains, blinds, whatever and it can be as messy as having everyone's laundry displayed. A beautiful building can look like a shanty town with different coloured window coverings and open/closed. The only way to get around that is if all unit owners have black backing (facing the window) of whatever they decide to install. However, the by-law requires white backing - which will be in contrast to the reflective 'black' window. As a result, I think the by-laws should be changed - having white backing is an old style.

Under the terms of the contract, the 'seller' can amend the by-laws without any issue and I wonder if it will be updated before sale to ensure that curtains/blinds, etc are back-lined black (not white) to avoid the 'shanty' look white curtains give when each apartment has them open at different widths etc.

We will be having voice-controlled electric curtains for bedrooms, and voice-controlled electric blinds for living.
Well then...there you go. You just tell the bloody things to turn black. :p :LOL: Although, all unit residents would have to be in sync. :unsure::rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

·
I only buy it for the pic
388 Posts
So this is new. Woke up this morning and saw they had placed the blue mesh on one side of the recreational deck. I spoke to one of the builders and he said that they have started on the flooring and fixtures and fittings. There's also talk that it should be done by end of next year too. Hopefully we can make it in well before Christmas :)
Nice pic Offtheplan!

Was it international jet ski day on the Brisbane river today? They were literally everywhere.

On another off the topic point- when did Deloittes sneak signage onto Riverside?

·
Registered
Tall building enthusiast
647 Posts
Nice pic Offtheplan!

Was it international jet ski day on the Brisbane river today? They were literally everywhere.

On another off the topic point- when did Deloittes sneak signage onto Riverside?
I think the Deloitte and Westpac signage went up about a year ago.

·
Registered
683 Posts

DEEPLY TROUBLED
If you believe the hype from Cbus Property, everything is just hunky dory with their ambitious unit project now under construction on the Brisbane CBD riverfront next to Customs House.
They’re especially happy that the $375 million tower at 443 Queen Street just snared a prestigious gong for its environmental credentials.

It’s apparently the nation’s first development to win a “six-star Green Star rating’’ from the Green Building Council of Australia.
Cbus boss Adrian Pozzo and his marketers have even dubbed it “Paradise in the Air’’.
But, behind the scenes, City Beat spies say the project remains deeply troubled.
It’s way behind schedule, still plagued with numerous technical problems and has become a financial disaster for construction firm Probuild and plenty of subcontractors.
Work on the 47-storey high-rise, featuring 264 units, should have been finished by now.
But they’re only up to level 32 and will be lucky to wrap up by October next year.
Cbus boss Adrian Pozzo.
Cbus boss Adrian Pozzo.
“Four years to build 47 storeys! It’s unheard of in construction,’’ a source close to the project told us.
“All the subbies are panicking big time because nobody is going to make any money at all on this job.’’
A revolving door of Probuild site managers and other key project staff have only intensified the problems.
A major blunder has seen windows in nine levels above the eighth floor pulled out recently because glaziers discovered they hadn’t been properly ticked off.
That drama threw the work sequence out of whack, meaning plumbers, plasterers, tilers and other tradies were held up. There’s plenty of finger-pointing over who’s to blame so watch for the matter to potentially end up in court.
Artists impression of 443 Queen St.
Artists impression of 443 Queen St.
Another drama revolves around COVID-19 restrictions on the use of three lifts on site, which allow only four people at a time instead of the usual 10.
With nearly 200 workers on the job, it’s taking some of them an hour before they can get started and that’s time they’re supposed to be productive.
We hear Probuild apparently wants them to put in longer hours but that’s run into opposition from the CFMEU.
Adding to the slowdown is the fact there’s only one crane on site instead of two as the firm seeks ways to cut costs.
A Probuild spin doctor declined to comment this week and wouldn’t address how much in liquidated damages the company might have to fork out because of the late delivery of the project.
A Cbus spokeswoman also would not respond to questions about the ongoing troubles, which have infuriated unit buyers. She acknowledged only “initial delays’’ related to “the complex nature of creating building foundations adjacent to the river’’.

·
Registered
16,330 Posts

DEEPLY TROUBLED
If you believe the hype from Cbus Property, everything is just hunky dory with their ambitious unit project now under construction on the Brisbane CBD riverfront next to Customs House.
They’re especially happy that the $375 million tower at 443 Queen Street just snared a prestigious gong for its environmental credentials.
I was reading this piece this morning. If true, I wouldn't want to be a tradie or subbie involved on that project, and Probuild probably rue the day they put their hand up to build it.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Yes, 443 Queen won't help their balance sheet at all.

I have it on good authority that Probuild are withdrawing from the Queensland market once this project is complete.

·
Registered
80 Posts
The workers seem to love the project. I just think QLD is a mess with developments, and Brisbane City Council have not made it easy for them either. Victoria is a developers dream, but its eclectic and frivolous building processes and designs are not to my tea. There needs to be a balance between developers and the community. Which brings me to Brisbane Live it should just go ahead. It seems LNP have the best policies when it comes to development.

·
Registered
683 Posts
While I am sure the delay in moving into your apartment is frustrating offtheplan, I am sure regardless of the issues Probuild have been facing, the final product they deliver will be excellent.

I look forward to checking this project out once complete.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thanks QF, however it's not the building timeframe that is the issue for me, it's losing quality builders and developments because QLD, specifically BCC (and some members of the community), have not made it easy for them. Also, I have super with CBUS, I want them to be successful and they have given Brisbane a beautiful and unique building and I truly hope they make a profit! (My only bitterness is because the sales team won't give a storage space even though paying $1.6M for a 2 bed and was willing to pay extra!! :ROFLMAO:)

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Thanks QF, however it's not the building timeframe that is the issue for me, it's losing quality builders and developments because QLD, specifically BCC (and some members of the community), have not made it easy for them. Also, I have super with CBUS, I want them to be successful and they have given Brisbane a beautiful and unique building and I truly hope they make a profit! (My only bitterness is because the sales team won't give a storage space even though paying $1.6M for a 2 bed and was willing to pay extra!! :ROFLMAO:)
It's only money mate and I do hope you weren't thinking of paying 10 times extra like a certain body is in trouble over. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
655 Posts
The workers seem to love the project. I just think QLD is a mess with developments, and Brisbane City Council have not made it easy for them either. Victoria is a developers dream, but its eclectic and frivolous building processes and designs are not to my tea. There needs to be a balance between developers and the community. Which brings me to Brisbane Live it should just go ahead. It seems LNP have the best policies when it comes to development.
What makes you say that? Third party objection rights are much stronger in Victoria. Also a lot of the city is locked out to development due to restrictive neighbourhood zoning.

1421 - 1440 of 1499 Posts