SkyscraperCity banner

1441 - 1460 of 1496 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
with the Big Government folk reeling from COVID restrictions on students and travels there is no doubt, along with apartment oversupply in Brisbane that the Price of these apartments will fall. Question is .... how much. No problem for owner residents, just depends on how many investors are in there with money trouble.

·
5,031 Posts
with the Big Government folk reeling from COVID restrictions on students and travels there is no doubt, along with apartment oversupply in Brisbane that the Price of these apartments will fall. Question is .... how much. No problem for owner residents, just depends on how many investors are in there with money trouble.
Same can be said for every residential development in every city in the world, except maybe for regional land subdivisions (which would be coming off a low base anyway).

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
international students have nothing to do with this building, it is aimed purely at the luxury apartment end of the market. If anything this building would be buffeted from the economic impact of covid more so then the hundreds of apartments popping up elsewhere in the inner city.

·
Registered
31 Posts
international students have nothing to do with this building, it is aimed purely at the luxury apartment end of the market. If anything this building would be buffeted from the economic impact of covid more so then the hundreds of apartments popping up elsewhere in the inner city.
International students would have a negligible impact on the resale value of these units. From the floor plans I have seen of them, they are quite larger than 90% of new apartments these days. The majority of them have 3 or 4 bedrooms, which is mostly unheard of in new developments.

Quality properties will always be in demand, and I think that 443 Queen Street shouldn't be caught up too much in the broader trend of moving away from inner city apartments, and to detached suburban houses. If anything, I could see a significant number of interstate buyers interest, sight unseen, similar to what is occurring now on the Gold Coast. It would be like 2004.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Do you have the choice of what flooring you want? such as carpet etc.? I'm not fan of tiles or wood. I'm a carpet man and any units I've been in to look at (not this building of course) usually have all that already done.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Do you have the choice of what flooring you want? such as carpet etc.? I'm not fan of tiles or wood. I'm a carpet man and any units I've been in to look at (not this building of course) usually have all that already done.
You have choice in colours, but not in type. wooden floors throughout, tiled in bathroom, bedrooms are carpeted 9wool). If you buy the penthouse, I'm sure they will do whatever you want, although I think they have parquetry floor which I would totally not replace.

1441 - 1460 of 1496 Posts