SkyscraperCity banner

3541 - 3560 of 3599 Posts

·
Registered
15,101 Posts
Oh, I also have some photos showing the office tower's crown lit up, as seen from Mt Coot-tha. For the best view, click the links and view them in Flickr - they seem to display sharper and much better on there than they do here, for some reason.

DSC-2010091 by Nathan Murray, on Flickr

DSC-2010150 by Nathan Murray, on Flickr

DSC-2010095 by Nathan Murray, on Flickr

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
I want to see this lighting on when I come out of my Irish sessions on Sundays. Who do I contact for a special viewing???

·
Registered
483 Posts
Don't forget there is a 200m+ office tower planned for 205 North Quay planned to be built by CBUS and Nielson Properties. We should hear more on that project in the next 6 months or so.

And yes, the sooner the Mercure is knocked down, the better.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Don't forget there is a 200m+ office tower planned for 205 North Quay planned to be built by CBUS and Nielson Properties. We should hear more on that project in the next 6 months or so.

And yes, the sooner the Mercure is knocked down, the better.
even if that one gets built, there's still a big gap between 205 North Quay and THE ONE.
Mercure is the perfect spot to put a 200m

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
Call me a bit whacked but I seem to be the only one on here that doesn't mind The Mercure. I'm with Nathan in that I want to be able to see The Bat for a bit longer yet.

I'd prefer to see a 200+ between The One and Tower 1 at QW. I know it can't be done right up on river's edge but somewhere in top end Queen-Elizabeth. A lot on here have expressed their want for a fill in in that gap. I could mention a certain tower that we lost but I don't wanna upset anyone by going off topic. Wink, wink.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Call me a bit whacked but I seem to be the only one on here that doesn't mind The Mercure. I'm with Nathan in that I want to be able to see The Bat for a bit longer yet.

I'd prefer to see a 200+ between The One and Tower 1 at QW. I know it can't be done right up on river's edge but somewhere in top end Queen-Elizabeth. A lot on here have expressed their want for a fill in in that gap. I could mention a certain tower that we lost but I don't wanna upset anyone by going off topic. Wink, wink.
I guess you're referring to the No.1 Brisbane tower near George St and Queen St :cheers:

3541 - 3560 of 3599 Posts