SkyscraperCity banner

3801 - 3820 of 3901 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
^ is it me, or does the glass actually have a ripple effect?? Or a reflection of something?
In superhands photos

·
Registered
683 Posts

‘The One’ nears completion, joining W Hotel and 300 George Street offices
Construction on a three-tower megaproject which created 4000 jobs in Brisbane’s CBD is entering the final six months of a whopping six years of work.

A FUTURISTIC skyscraper which will become Brisbane’s equal-tallest building is nearing completion after six years of construction.

Pictures show glass on The One nearing the top level of the 274 metre tall tower along George Street in the CBD.

Developer Shayher Group said the mixed-use development at 300 George St would be externally complete by March 2021.

The three-tower development which began in March 2015 includes the W Hotel, a major office tower and the residential tower.

“It has been a great achievement for which we are very proud,” Shayher Group spokesman Anthony Goh said.

“Although the development will mature into a thriving inner city mixed use development, we will reflect on all the hard work it has taken to get it here and the people involved at all levels.”

The development, located at the former site of the Law Courts, has created 4000 jobs through construction.

“It has taken six years to complete the greater 300 George precinct in multiple stages,” Mr Goh said.

Once complete, Shayher claim The One will be Brisbane’s equal-tallest tower, sharing the title with the nearby Brisbane Skytower on Margaret Street.

Shayher Group are expected to move into the office tower at 300 George Street in coming weeks.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
I love how the media and Shayer according to Courier Fail are still saying it is 274m tall. Yes, I know how tall it really is.

·
Registered
162 Posts
wow it really changes the skyline when viewed from that angle. Now we only need something 230m+ between this and Skytower to fill that huge gap in the skyline:), somewhere on Queen St or Elizabeth
Would definitely love something 200m+ right in the centre of the city within the square of Mary, George, Adelaide and Edward streets. For some reason all our tall buildings always end up on the outskirts, never in the centre?

·
Registered
74,944 Posts
is the top floor penthouse or just a plantroom?

·
Registered
16,330 Posts
A couple of photos from Wednesday taken with my latest acquisition - a GoPro Hero 9.
Never had a GoPro before this, so I was just playing around with the settings, hence the wiiiiiide angle. I have to say, I'm quite impressed with its still photo quality - not going to sell off my Sony but these photos look better than ones from my phone.

GOPR0014
by Nathan Murray, on Flickr

GOPR0018
by Nathan Murray, on Flickr

3801 - 3820 of 3901 Posts