Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1505 Posts

·
7,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New thread for this one. Old thread can be found here.

Currently the largest vacant site in the CBD and consequently, will become the largest development ever undertaken in Perth. Total floorspace falls slightly short of 90,000 square meters which will consist of three residential towers, numerous low-rise buildings containing commercial, retail and parking uses. A public plaza of 0.95 hectares will also be constructed. It is intended the development will commence in stages, starting with the Mounts Bay road area.

Total apartments: 1,062

Tower 1 (cnr of Mounts Bay and Spring Street)- 150m/41st
Tower 2 (Spring Street)- 160m/48st
Tower 3 (cnr Spring and Mount Street)- 160m/48st

Estimated project cost: $350-$400 million AUD
Developers: Saville Australia and Babcock & Brown
Architect: Crone & Partners
Contractor: TBA

PICS

·
Watch my Chops
6,046 Posts

·
Perthite
8,042 Posts
jesus i forgot how cheap this development is, 300m-400m is crazy, especdially considering the prices of the apartments. Saville are going to make bucketloads.

·
Here
6,589 Posts
Actually I think it will be Babcock & Brown who will make the killing as they are providing the funds to this project. It is probably why this, unlike the former Westpoint proposals they are targeting the upper market.

Babcock & Brown is often compared as a smaller version of Macquarie Bank and were the lead player in a consortium who tryed to take over Atlinta earlier this year.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I still think these look like 60's tower blocks from an old uk town they will ruin Perth's skyline forever!

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
I still think these look like 60's tower blocks from an old uk town they will ruin Perth's skyline forever!
yeah go and tell them that,...make up a sign "NO TO 1960's DESIGNS"..."THESE TOWERS ARE SHIT, LOOK LIKE FROM LITTLE OLD UK TOWN" ...maybe theyll stop it going ahead.

LOL

just cross your fingers at the same time :lol:

·
Registered
8,590 Posts
Ozzy keeps posting that! ...and again I'll post, detail is yet to be released. Perhaps when marketing is in full swing, we shall see the full facade detailing.

·
Perth's Beach
3,387 Posts
I think tower 1 is the bigger let down..that's after they change the roof design of tower 2 & 3.. Speaking off..No other Oz city will have prominent twins like these. These could do for Perth what the the ill-fated World Trade Centre towers did 4 NY....OK, maybe just in Australia . ..They were also of 60's design:p

·
Single, looking to mingle
10,696 Posts
I really like them now and will pay little attention to much of the criticism of them - for one there so much glass in towers 2 and 3 its not funny, so cant really be compared to a commy block in that regard.

Citystyle your comment from the last thread did make me laugh... once the view photos were released, you were right lol. However, I still stand by my statement that on the bigger apartments, 4 seperate balconies is silly and being all separated by view blocking concrete walls, but on the apartments with just 2 balconies, I think its quite nice especially with the windows on the main living area that have no balcony frontage, its a nice break up.

Im hanging out so badly for plans and photos of tower 2 man! i think they will be exceptional.

I think ive also chosen my apartment. I want one of the very north west corner of tower 3 on the east side, so i get views of qv1 and lake monger from the north window and then views over kings park and melville water and sunsets from the main living and balcony.

level 30 upwards, depending on price i think my limit would be $1 000 000 cos thats just a deposit of $100 000 which I can get early next year.

Mark your calendars for a house warming in 2010 lol.

·
Watch my Chops
6,046 Posts
From lvl 28+ all apartments will have ocean veiws.

·
Single, looking to mingle
10,696 Posts
ocean view would be great.

prices in tower 1 level 28 start at just over 1.4 million! quickly jumps to 1.7 on level 29 too. :(

so add 6 months into the market as well for a tower 2 or 3 and 1.7 will probably be the minimum for ocean view.

i think ill give it a shot though. you only live once.

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
I really like them now and will pay little attention to much of the criticism of them - for one there so much glass in towers 2 and 3 its not funny, so cant really be compared to a commy block in that regard.

Citystyle your comment from the last thread did make me laugh... once the view photos were released, you were right lol. However, I still stand by my statement that on the bigger apartments, 4 seperate balconies is silly and being all separated by view blocking concrete walls, but on the apartments with just 2 balconies, I think its quite nice especially with the windows on the main living area that have no balcony frontage, its a nice break up.

Im hanging out so badly for plans and photos of tower 2 man! i think they will be exceptional.

I think ive also chosen my apartment. I want one of the very north west corner of tower 3 on the east side, so i get views of qv1 and lake monger from the north window and then views over kings park and melville water and sunsets from the main living and balcony.

level 30 upwards, depending on price i think my limit would be $1 000 000 cos thats just a deposit of $100 000 which I can get early next year.

Mark your calendars for a house warming in 2010 lol.
thanks for the info on your financial position there haha,... meanwhile ill keep looking for a place and maximum 140 a week rent im willing to pay pay :lol:

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
i slept with someone on wednesday that wanted to buy an apartment here and got all glossy brochures, i should get them on wednesday
ill try n scan em in when i get a chance

·
Watch my Chops
6,046 Posts
^ Um right? a little to much info. Was it Scraperfan? ;)

·
Registered
185 Posts
It's great that these towers are going up, some pretty flashy views but I don't think I could afford them :(

At the end of the day, I don't care what the outside of the apartments look like, as long as it adds density to Perth's skyline, I'm happy.

·
7,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
^^
Haha, exactly. Not to mention Oracle, the Dolphin Towers and the Pacific something towers twins. All have 150m+ towers.

·
Perth's Beach
3,387 Posts
Well I did say prominent twins. CoC maybe similar but aren't identical or even the same height. The others hardly make twin tower statements, making the GC skyline easily recognisable.

·
Perth's Beach
3,387 Posts
Yeah put they don't identify the skyline like the WTC towers did for NY do they, especially from a distance. That was the whole point to begin with. Q1 however, imo does it for the GC but I was talking twins.

The Capital twins however, going by this pic, have the potential to do so, as they stick out like dog balls. Whether that's a good thing, I don't know. Time will tell...Anyhow it was just a passing comment..get over it:)

1 - 20 of 1505 Posts