SkyscraperCity banner

81 - 100 of 122 Posts

·
Banned
9,681 Posts
So if they are getting officially joined you could say that tonight is the night...

These buildings are having sex, and in public! Disgraceful.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Really fascinating that they are replicating the curved concrete spine at the back in the new section at the top - that wasn't evident from any of the photos or renders posted in this thread! I would have assumed that they would have clad over them, but I guess they're leaving them as a bit of a nod to the original buildings?

Hopefully they paint them darker though!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Really fascinating that they are replicating the curved concrete spine at the back in the new section at the top - that wasn't evident from any of the photos or renders posted in this thread! I would have assumed that they would have clad over them, but I guess they're leaving them as a bit of a nod to the original buildings?

Hopefully they paint them darker though!
This might give a clue!

·
Registered
16,330 Posts
Here are some shots of the Charlotte Street frontage this morning using my new phone - I've upgraded from my 3 year old Huawei flagship to a brand new Samsung mid-range phone, so hopefully my phone photos will look a bit better from now. For the last few mornings, they've had the Charlotte Street footpath closed to move the crane loading decks further up the building.

A fun addition of this new phone - it has a wide angle camera! It also does in-phone distortion correction as well (not turned on for this shot) which I need to experiment with

·
Registered
16,330 Posts

·
Registered
Tall building enthusiast
647 Posts
Had another tour today. I got some great videos from the rooftop but no photos unfortunately, about to begin pouring the final section of rooftop slab.

Massive floor plates.

Internal atriums.

Glazing panels stacked up ready for installation.

Next in line.

Takes about 90 seconds per panel. Construction is actually ahead of schedule, expected PC June 30 next year, fitout has begun on a number of the lower floors already.

81 - 100 of 122 Posts