SkyscraperCity banner

101 - 120 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
^^ I think the best thing about that comparison is how the visual prominence of Mineral House has decreased!

One of the interesting elements of this project is just how many precast concrete components are being used for it. Practically every morning when I walk to work (so between 8am - 9am), I would see at least one truck hauling precast panels to site, and sometimes more. I can't think of any CBD projects in recent memory that has used quite that much prefab concrete.

Also, as a photo update, the first of the upper section glazing has gone up.

20200730_150952
by Nathan Murray, on Flickr

20200730_151000
by Nathan Murray, on Flickr

·
Not_the_timber_man
353 Posts
One of the interesting elements of this project is just how many precast concrete components are being used for it. Practically every morning when I walk to work (so between 8am - 9am), I would see at least one truck hauling precast panels to site, and sometimes more. I can't think of any CBD projects in recent memory that has used quite that much prefab concrete.
the westin used heaps of precast. even had precast horizontals (floors) which is quite rare.

thanks for pics and commentary mate, love all the work you put into them!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had an extended stay at the Quest building on Mary St. in 2014/15 and while I'm no architectural critic, this building did stand out as pretty ugly! So much has happened in Brisbane since I was there last...can't wait to get back.

This is a frame from a vid. taken from my apartment in Nov. '14 during that big hail storm we had. Good times...

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
I dunno what made me look up today, but did and wow, what a transformation.

101 - 120 of 122 Posts