SkyscraperCity banner

Which Queen's Wharf Development Proposal do you prefer?

• Crown/Greenland Proposal

Votes: 34 18.2%
  • Echo/Chow Tai Fook (Destination Brisbane) Proposal

Votes: 153 81.8%
6061 - 6080 of 6217 Posts

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
I really hope they go ahead and put at least one of the remaining residences to market, seeing as sales have been so good with the current tower. They will probably wait until the majority of tower 4 is sold before they do that.

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
^^ The majority of Tower 4 is already sold. 75% of the 667 apartments are spoken for, with less than 60 remaining. They're touting it as the fastest selling residential project in Queensland:

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
^^ The majority of Tower 4 is already sold. 75% of the 667 apartments are spoken for, with less than 60 remaining. They're touting it as the fastest selling residential project in Queensland:

Yeah, I read that on the development site. I think they will hang on a bit longer though and try to sell a few more in tower 4 before marketing the other proposed towers. If they are gonna go ahead with them at all.

I think they'd be crazy not to put at least one on the market.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts

Do we really believe that news? My guess is that it's made up crap.

Skytower is full of empty apartments that people are trying to shift for $450-600k e.g. loads of Chinese that bought before Covid and can't get into the country. They must be taking a painful loss on their off-the-plan purchases from back in the boom days. 300 George Street is flooding the market with similar new high-end CBD apartments.

Even Brisbane 1 in South Brisbane is struggling badly to shift apartments and they've been publishing crap about how many they've sold for years.

Notice that all of these developments are heavily targeting Chinese.

The Brisbane CBD market is totally saturated and Queens Wharf is expensive. I think they'll struggle to sell these. Another problem is that lenders have stricter criteria for these types of developments, which rules out a lot of first time buyers in Australia.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Many would have sold prior to COVID, so I don't understand why it would be made up crap.
scarcity principle is a commonly used sales technique in every single industry. I too question the sales figures of developments like this which were never reliant on pre-conditional sales requirements to get built.

6061 - 6080 of 6217 Posts