Skyscraper City Forum banner
181 - 200 of 1189 Posts

·
Perth's Beach
3,387 Posts
Fuk …cool as!. So it has gotten taller PluS an extra retail floor added! Can't wait to see the new render. :dizzy:
Oh I do hope this area does change dramatically! I think it will definitely. Travelling from Subiaco, (where there is sooo much going on in development) heading into the city via Wellington st, you do notice the difference. It gets uglier and run down as u get closer into the city which really doesn’t make much sense right!? Sooo that tells me, this area will be coming up without a doubt! I mean, it’s the CBD after all!

Bullswool, Rain Square is cross the road from 140 william st (underground station site) on the crn of william and murray sts.

·
Perthite
8,046 Posts
^^
Oh cool, thanks! OMG, a 110m tower there?! Awesome, this is certainly a great project then :), bring the towers further north, rather than the traditional 2 street skyline lol.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Recommended for approval by the PCC planning committee. They were particularly impressed with this, particularly its pedestrian connectivity to railway station, 140 William and Northbridge Link. Saracen say the retail component will go ahead in October, with or without the office tower. But they are in late stage negotiations with an anchor tenant and sound hopeful. Might have a render for you tomorrow. Also check tomorrow's West.

·
Watch my Chops
6,047 Posts
OMFG what a building, look at the fins they cant so no, it's swanky.

·
Put it in your mouth
7,111 Posts
They can't knock that back, that building is just too damn hot to say no to!

I'm going to go pray to the pagan diety of building approvals that this one gets through.

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #193 ·
**** YES!!!!! wow thats an awesome tower i love it!!!! and 110m!!!! that is really going to add a new dimension to the skyline if it gets up, shits on city square big time, fingers crossed!!!

·
Put it in your mouth
7,111 Posts
And Scribbler, you are the duck's nuts for finding those renders. Good one mate!

·
Registered
77,378 Posts
wow, nice.
@110m, it will be equal citys 10th tallest bldg.

·
Perth's Beach
3,387 Posts
Very nice! Thanx for the pics Scribber. I can’t wait for the restoration of the heritage buildings aswell. I read all the awnings will be replaced. I do hope they will be somewhat transparent. You get a much better feel/appreciation for the building, standing at its base able to see it in its full glory, not to mention the building looks a hell lot better too.

Is there a PCC policy on the replacement of awnings on such buildings?. I think I might of read about this sometime back?

·
Here
6,589 Posts
It reminds me of Aurora Place in Sydney. With the overlapping sail and curved, angled edging.

Lets hope this gets built, im so over good designed buildings never getting off the ground in Perth :(

·
Perthite
8,046 Posts
OMG what a great deesign. This is my new favorite project :), and it will make a nice landmark in that area. Hopefully mroe buildings will go up around there (including the william street development), so as to give a more denser feeling to our city.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Fantastic! This, along with the new underground train station and indoor stadium near-by will really re-vitalize this part of town. It reminded me a bit of Sydney's Aurora building too. I really, really hope this one goes ahead!

181 - 200 of 1189 Posts