77,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heres the latest design>
still 541m to spire or 415m roof.
bit of SWFC influence?

·
Banned
9,681 Posts
It's not very good is it. The base is just plain ghastly, and the spire doesn't suit the shape of the building at all. The facade and mid section is fine, but hardly groundbreaking. All in all, it's pretty uninspirining considering the site.

·
Watch my Chops
6,047 Posts
Tyrant Tower.

·
Registered
77,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Freedom finally begins!

elevation>

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I like the design, I just do not like where it is being built.
You dont build on graves!!!

The WTC site is a site where thousands of people had their lives cut short. It should be completely reserved as a park where people can go to mourn.

·
Banned
Tremendous
8,579 Posts
MelbourneCity said:

The WTC site is a site where thousands of people had their lives cut short. It should be completely reserved as a park where people can go to mourn.
You could think of it as a giant memorial.

I think it is also a symbol of Americas defiance in the face of terrorism, for the entire nation.

·
Registered
77,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
MelbourneCity said:

actually,the Freedom tower is located across on Fulton Street. its adjacent to where WTC stood. if you see large elevation to the right you will see the underground waterfall, thats the footprint of 1WTC and 2WTC is further right.(also 2nd render with invisble WTC. there footprints will be sunken memorials with encassed waterfalls and memorial plaque with peoples names.
So its NOT on there graves, but next to it. the site of WTC will dedicated space for parks and memorial water features. well designed actually.

·
Galactic Ruler
6,857 Posts
Its fecking disgusting top to toe. How could anyone let this trite be built?

The base does look like a medieval fort - so iniviting.

The top looks like a bird shat on it - no integration. Twin antennae would have suited it better also and at least given rise to some 'twiness' in the design.

I think we should kill childs and silverstein and anyone else that helped this crapfest on its merry way.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
The Freedom Tower isn't that good IMO. It looks like 1/4 of Foster's proposal. And they should have used Foster's proposal if not the original twin towers.

But it could be like the Eiffel Tower, everyone thought it was disgusting and ugly when it was built. Then afterwards, everyone seemed to like it. It could be the same with FT.

·
Registered
77,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
this is a fine design. you guys are nutz.?

·
Registered
656 Posts
^It may be a 'fine design', but it's not worth anything architecturally. It's a watered down version of what was envisioned for the site, and it looks it....and it's just terrible at street level. I would rather nothing be built on the site than idiotic rubbish like Freedom Tower.

·
Registered
118 Posts
it looks so Seventies, like John Hancock or whatever it is in Chicago.

Much narrower at the top than the twins, harder for planes to line up I guess.

·
Watch my Chops
6,047 Posts
Arunava said:
It has been done and will be done in the future.

As for the design.
I hate it, it is not somber enough for it's location and as far as i can see can not representing the dead. A grand structure should be built in memory of the peoples lives it should be elegant and thought provoking. This does none of them , it hardly original or bright and it's base is discusting and shows clear disregard to the emotional state of the nation to the site. :bash:

1 - 20 of 101 Posts