SkyscraperCity banner

661 - 680 of 762 Posts

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
http://www.italy24.ilsole24ore.com/...-own-its-own-stadium-191214.php?uuid=ACRqMIAC

If only the other clubs would follow Udinese's and Juventus' examples and build new stadiums too, I am sure the league would be much more competitive in Europe. The atmosphere in Udine was extraordinary whereas in Napoli a 3/4 full 60.000 San Paoplo with running tracks felt like being part of the 80's or 90's with little atmosphere.

Does anyone know when they will renovate the main stand? I know it has been some time ago, but it looks outdated compared to the shining new horseshoe.

Is this still the plan?
http://www.calcioefinanza.it/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/stadio_udinese.jpg

As far as I know, the original project was always to keep the main stand. It's their icon, their symbol. It looks outdated, but gives personality to the stadium, and avoids all four sides being exactly the same.

The same thing happened to Delle Alpi's arches that in somehow were kept in place although with a brand new structure and different size.

·
11,424 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
This is just fantastic!

I've been watching Serie A since 1995 and I can vouch that in the 90s the atmospheres were excellent. There were lots of fans and especially they were enthusiastic. Neither aspects can be still found in today's Serie A. The "ultra" phenomenon has been massively cracked down upon.
I was referring to the stadiums - not the atmosphere =)

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
As far as I know, the original project was always to keep the main stand. It's their icon, their symbol. It looks outdated, but gives personality to the stadium, and avoids all four sides being exactly the same.

The same thing happened to Delle Alpi's arches that in somehow were kept in place although with a brand new structure and different size.
I like the main stand, but the roof looks old and grey and the corners need a bit more roof - and perhaps a few seats. In this picture the roof looks new and is a bit wider.

http://www.calcioefinanza.it/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/stadio_udinese.jpg

·
20,904 Posts
After Juventus and Sassuolo, Udinese becomes 3rd Serie A team to own its own stadium

The new football club-owned stadium is ready. Udinese Calcio's new arena is located in northeastern Italy. The facility cost € 35 million between design and restoration costs, and has 25,000 seats, all covered. The new stadium Udinese has no running track. The minimum distance between the stands and the pitch is of 7.5 meters, while the maximum is of 25 meters. The stadium opened on January 17 for the Serie A match between Udinese and Juventus FC. This is the third stadium owned by a professional Italian soccer club.

The first to open in September 2011, was the Juventus stadium, for a cost of € 150 million. The second was the Mapei stadium in Reggio Emilia, bought in December 2013 by industrial group owned by Mapei Giorgio Squinzi, president of employers' association Confindustria, for his team, US Sassuolo, which is playing its third consecutive season in Serie A.

The team owned by the Pozzo family has never stopped playing in its old facility, the Friuli Stadium. The name of the stadium is Dacia Arena, and the sponsors of the club will pay € 500,000 per year for five years for the name rights, in addition pcs to what it already pays to be jersey sponsors (€ 1 million per year). Udinese will pay € 4.55 million over 99 years to the City of Udine to buy the right to use the ground.

The works took 19 months, showing that a company with good projects and ready to invest resources in a new stadium can do it in a short time, without transforming the urban landscape and without real estate speculation. Udinese also plans to build commercial areas on a surface of 20,000 square meters, which will bring the total cost to € 50 million.

Reactions: EPA001

·
20,904 Posts
Udinese has bought the right to use the ground and became 100% owner. This right had a total cost of 4.55 mln euros. Udinese will pay this figure over the next 99 years.

€ 4.55 mln / 99 years = 45,959.59 euros per year (it is the figure that Udinese has to pay to the City of Udine).

Reactions: EPA001

·
Registered
295 Posts
Udinese has bought the right to use the ground and became 100% owner. This right had a total cost of 4.55 mln euros. Udinese will pay this figure over the next 99 years.

€ 4.55 mln / 99 years = 45,959.59 euros per year (it is the figure that Udinese has to pay to the City of Udine).
Buying the right to use the ground is not the same as owning the ground. It's a long-term lease, nothing more.
By the way, the funny thing about Sassuolo Calcio (or, rather, Mr Squinzi) owning the Stadio Griglio (now Stadio Mapei) is that the stadium isn't located in Sassuolo; it's in Reggio Emilia, a town 15 miles from Sassuolo.

·
20,904 Posts
Stadiums like Old trafford, Wembley are located in places called Trafford (Greater Manchester), Brent (Greater London). Modena, Reggio Emilia, Sassuolo... are towns with different names, but we must consider them like a single urban area (Medio Padana). So I don't see all these differences.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Stadiums like Old trafford, Wembley are located in places called Trafford (Greater Manchester), Brent (Greater London). Modena, Reggio Emilia, Sassuolo... are towns with different names, but we must consider them like a single urban area (Medio Padana). So I don't see all these differences.
Sassuolo and Reggio Emilia are two different towns located in two different provinces (Sassuolo in Modena, R. E. in Reggio Emilia). Plus Reggio Emilia has its own football team, the A.C. Reggiana, which has always played at the Stadio Griglio (now Stadio Mapei). It is only natural for the inhabitants of Reggio Emilia to support Reggiana above Sassuolo. Whether you like it or not, IT IS funny for a team to play their home games in a town not their own, in a stadium until very recently not their own, and in front of a crowd not their own.

·
20,904 Posts
Sassuolo and Reggio Emilia are two different towns located in two different provinces (Sassuolo in Modena, R. E. in Reggio Emilia). Plus Reggio Emilia has its own football team, the A.C. Reggiana, which has always played at the Stadio Griglio (now Stadio Mapei). It is only natural for the inhabitants of Reggio Emilia to support Reggiana above Sassuolo. Whether you like it or not, IT IS funny for a team to play their home games in a town not their own, in a stadium until very recently not their own, and in front of a crowd not their own.
Sassuolo plays in Serie A League. Reggiana in Lega Pro (3rd division of Italian football, after Serie A and Serie B).
Sassuolo owns Mapei Stadium, but also Reggiana plays there.
Italian Provinces (a kind of government bodies) have been eliminated (not formally yet).

·
Registered
121 Posts
The capacity in the title of the thread should be changed to 25.000

661 - 680 of 762 Posts