SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Imo EURO 2024 will be in Germany. Probably Turkey will try again in 2028. Other potential bids: Spain (+Portugal), Russia (without Ekaterinburg and Saransk, but with Krasnodar and other 2-3 stadiums in Moscow: TSKA, Lokomotiv or new Dinamo)

England (or UK) will be focused on WC 2030. Despite the fact I'm big fan of italian football I must say Italy can't compete with those countries because of lack of stadiums. Italy has only one new stadium, Allianz Arena, rest of them are outdated (maybe Olimpico in Rome it's decent despite of athletic track). I was on many stadiums during years. Stadiums like Wembley, Krestovsky, Stade de France etc can't be compared with San Siro in any terms ...

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
for Russia i guess will be too early after 2018 to go for another big competition in football

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Italy need a tournament as it's the only way to sort the stadiums out to jolt them out of their endless bureaucratic process.

Turkey, England and Germany have basically got all their stadiums built.

·
Registered
Blackboard Monitor
15,532 Posts
for Russia i guess will be too early after 2018 to go for another big competition in football
Not really, Italy hosted both within 10 years, France within 14. Though I think they've got their eye on the 2032 Olympics as their next big hosting with St Petersburg being lined up.

·
28,089 Posts
Of course Turkey will bid again :)

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Of course Turkey will bid again :)
and loose again :)

Euro 2024 for sure will go to Germany. Some say that there was a secret agreement between federations of England and Germany for 2020, 2024 and 2028 Euros but England seems to seek 2030 World Cup bid and they are not interested for Euro 2028.
I havent noticed any reaction from Spain also.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I hope,some bid of Serbia,Croatia,Hungary together maybe.I think,the last candidature from Eastern Europe was Croatia/Hungary for EURO 2012!
because the whole region has zero compatible stadiums (will have one after budapest is finalized) and there is no chance anyone finances that. even world cup second croatia has none, think about that!

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Have the old Yugoslav Republics bid, to add further healing in the troubled region and more importantly to give the impression of united Baltic nations in a new Europe.

Bosnia and Herzegovina - 2 stadiums
Croatia - 2 stadiums
Macedonia - 1 stadium
Montenegro - 1 stadium
Serbia - 2 stadiums
Slovenia - 1 stadium

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Have the old Yugoslav Republics bid, to add further healing in the troubled region and more importantly to give the impression of united Baltic nations in a new Europe.

Bosnia and Herzegovina - 2 stadiums
Croatia - 2 stadiums
FYROM - 1 stadium
Montenegro - 1 stadium
Serbia - 2 stadiums
Slovenia - 1 stadium

unrealistic. Most of these countries have bad bilateral relations

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
A Balkan Euros, west or east, would be great, but 2028 is too soon I think. I mean it's only a decade away to have 10 stadiums in place plus all the other infrastructure. Some of the national governing bodies seem to be in a right mess as well.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts