841 - 860 of 902 Posts

·
Rekordvizemeister
2,296 Posts

·
Registered
Blackboard Monitor
18,773 Posts
Thanks. :eek:kay: Off the top of my head Berlin was 350k and London was 700k (I'm fairly certain the latter is correct as the 660k figure was from a week before they started).

But my point stands anyway.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/mediaservices/mediareleases/newsid=2640217.html

The committee furthermore appointed the hosts of several club competition finals as follows:

• UEFA Europa League 2022: Puskás Aréna, Budapest, Hungary

• UEFA Women’s Champions League 2022: Juventus Stadium, Turin, Italy

• UEFA Women’s Champions League 2023: PSV Stadium, Eindhoven, Netherlands

• UEFA Super Cup 2022: Helsinki Olympic Stadium, Finland *

• UEFA Super Cup 2023: Kazan Arena, Russia *

·
Registered
Blackboard Monitor
18,773 Posts
2020 Champions League: quarterfinals to final to be played as straight knockout tournament in Lisbon from August 12 to 23.

-----

2020 Europa League: quarterfinals to final in 4 German cities - Cologne, Duisburg, Düsseldorf, Gelsenkirchen - August 10-21. Final to be played in Cologne.

-----

All Final stadiums for both competitions for 2021 onwards to be pushed back a year...

·
Registered
100 Posts
in Americas there would be no probem. they could play there in the afternoon, while is prime-time in Europe. I also see no problems playing in Middle East, even if the game starts at 11 or 12pm. Beyond there would be more difficult
If UCL final held in Asia it's ok if UCL final kicked off on 17.00 pm in continental Europe like World Cup 2018 final, if UCL final in China the local kick off time can be 23.00

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yes you talked about the Super Cup only, I missed that. However I never understood why last season's champions would play out the first title of the new season. IMO it belongs to the last season or just the year.
So actually I don't like World Cup 2022 in December 2022, because necessarily World Cup 2022 held in end of European season and World Cup 2022 belongs to 2021-2022 season in de facto term, but World Cup 2022 held in 2022-2023 season, which makes World Cup 2022 belongs to both 2021-2022(delayed World Cup) and 2022-2023 season.... actually because coronavirus I hope European leagues can be postponed to early 2021 and 2022(2023 just play half season,2023-2024 back to normal) so World Cup 2022 will not distupt European leagues and World Cup held in end of season, but Sept/Oct 2020 European leagues new season will start again soon

·
Registered
36 Posts
I wonder if this final eight competition is a success whether it could become permanent for both the Europa league and champions league, especially given the football schedule next season is absolutely packed already, In England the 2020-21 season starts on September 12th which is less than 5 weeks away, some clubs are already coming back for pre-season training here.

It could be beneficial to cities and could bring economic boosts to many areas at a time when they really need it especially after covid-19.

I would probably bring down the minimum seating requirements for the champions league to 30,000 for quarter finals, 40,000 for semi finals and 65,000 for the final.

For the Europa league, 30,000 for the quarter finals, 40,000 for the semi finals and final.

Bidding countries could nominate 2-4 stadiums in one city or more as long as they are within a 75-150km distance.

For example, lets say the final eight competition for the champions league was held in England specifically London, you would have -:

Wembley - 90,000 - QF and Final
London Stadium - 66,000 - QF, SF
Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - 62,303 - QF,SF
Stamford Bridge - 41,000 - QF

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
For example, lets say the final eight competition for the champions league was held in England specifically London, you would have -:

Wembley - 90,000 - QF, QF, QF, QF, SF, SF and Final
There, I've corrected it for you!

It's a great idea and I'd love to see a tournament like that spread around London, but in reality the FA wouldn't use a different stadium to Wembley if they don't have to. Too many corporates expecting tickets.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
I wonder if this final eight competition is a success whether it could become permanent for both the Europa league and champions league, especially given the football schedule next season is absolutely packed already, In England the 2020-21 season starts on September 12th which is less than 5 weeks away, some clubs are already coming back for pre-season training here.

It could be beneficial to cities and could bring economic boosts to many areas at a time when they really need it especially after covid-19.

I would probably bring down the minimum seating requirements for the champions league to 30,000 for quarter finals, 40,000 for semi finals and 65,000 for the final.

For the Europa league, 30,000 for the quarter finals, 40,000 for the semi finals and final.

Bidding countries could nominate 2-4 stadiums in one city or more as long as they are within a 75-150km distance.

Wembley - 90,000 - QF and Final
You are just looking at numbers while everyone else is paying attention to football.

·
12,074 Posts
Reactions: RobH

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Actually you all don't have understand the sense of this third competition, is a competition for small countries, is not a case that the firsts of the UEFA ranking have only one team, where nations like Estonia and others have 3 teams. And make sense that the host stadium is from a "little" country

841 - 860 of 902 Posts